release letter shows up after I dispute

BTO429

I have four tax liens and I have paper work on all four from the state. Two were released and the other two which are from 96 and 97 were expunged by the state.

CRA's refuse to remove the two from 96 and 97 and the other two were just released this month I did have to pay anything on them, so they are are not paid liens.

These were liens I had on my business for nor filing the sale tax paper work. I only file quarterly but the tax office screwed up and thought I had to file monthly. After discussing it with them and I had filed my sales tax vouchers, they released the liens.

I need to get them off my report but you know how the CRA's are, they wont accept my paper work as proof. So I guess I just need to give it up cause ya cant prove a thing to them. They have the power in their court and we just have to suffer with them. I have been trying since 2001 to get them to release two of the liens and they wont budge.

I cant pay a lawyer, so I am just stuck with them.

Tomorrow I am going to file complaint with the FTC, AG, BBB, and Anyone else I can think of.

You don't need an attorney to file a lawsuit against the CRAs. You can do it pro se. If you feel strongly that you have all of the proof you need to prove that these should be deleted, then consider filing on your own. Since all you want is a delete, the CRAs would be more willing to listen to you with a trial pending.

I actually had to file to get a delete of a TL that shouldn't have been on my CR. When I got the delete, I dropped the suit. I didn't have the time or the energy to keep after I got my delete.

When were the liens released? If they are past the SOL then you can get them off your CR. It is 7 years from released/paid date.

Also if you can get the tax authority to list them as "Filed in Error" they cra's will take them right off.

If they are released and they are within the SOL the CRA's job is to report them and your suit will be lost.

Also you said the 96-97 liens were expunged. Do you mean the tax authority removed all record from the county of the lien ever being filed?

If so you just need to dispute because there is no lien.

As far as the other two which you said were just released. They will stay on your report for 7 years. It doesn't matter that you didn't owe any tax money to the state. They filed the lien in good faith. You didn't file your returns so you are out of luck on those two.