anyone else get low income energy assistance?

whocares

I got it for my house, the average bill is over 600.00 a month for electric and heat...I heat with electric.

Well anyway I got that check yesteday so now I don't have to pay the electric this month and I even have 30.00 left over to apply for next months bill...The check is written to the utility company which is fine with me.

I would encourage you to apply if your state has this program...it's a good deal and it has helped me the last 2 years in a row

:shock: Wow. It costs me less than $200 for combined heat/electricity in the dead of winter here in Pennsylvania. Of course, I set my thermostat to 60 at night and 65 during the day so that I don't get whopping bills.

In the summer, it costs $150 for electricity and air conditioning. Again, I set the temperature at 80 because I pay the bills.

:shock: Wow. It costs me less than $200 for combined heat/electricity in the dead of winter here in Pennsylvania. Of course, I set my thermostat to 60 at night and 65 during the day so that I don't get whopping bills.

In the summer, it costs $150 for electricity and air conditioning. Again, I set the temperature at 80 because I pay the bills.

I think there's probably several differences. KS is likely much colder for longer than southern PA. I even see the difference between here and where my dad is in North Central PA. He pays about $300/month for just heat in the winter. He has a very small house that's pretty well weatherized and he keeps the place cold.

I live in an apartment, so no heat bill and my electric usually runs $30-40/month in the winter and $100/month in th summer. I know I overuse the AC. I also have window AC units that's probably less efficient than central air.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LIHEAP

Here are the numbers for Washington. I suspect it varies by state.

http://www.liheapwa.org/Page.aspx?nid=59

Maximum monthly household incomes (at 125 percent of poverty) for households of one to four people are:

One person $1,064

Two people $1,426

Three people $1,789

Four people $2,151

I think there's probably several differences. KS is likely much colder for longer than southern PA. I even see the difference between here and where my dad is in North Central PA. He pays about $300/month for just heat in the winter. He has a very small house that's pretty well weatherized and he keeps the place cold.

I live in an apartment, so no heat bill and my electric usually runs $30-40/month in the winter and $100/month in th summer. I know I overuse the AC. I also have window AC units that's probably less efficient than central air.

Yes there is a big difference between southern and northern PA.

I'm about an hour to an hour and a half north of Allentown and the Temp difference is usually a good 10-15 Degrees

If you ever travel the PA turnpike 476 thru the Lehigh tunnel it can be a world of difference from one side to another.

I could remember several times going north it would be raining on the south side and the roads would be snow covered on the north of the tunnel.

I'm gonna make you guys all sick. I still rent but for some reason this last year our power and heating needs have dropped. We have not gone over $45 a month for summer or winter and during the summer we keep the apartment cold for the computers.

I'm gonna make you guys all sick. I still rent but for some reason this last year our power and heating needs have dropped. We have not gone over $45 a month for summer or winter and during the summer we keep the apartment cold for the computers.

Ya you suck my electric bill is around $100 and I have Oil Heat.

It cost $2,000 to fill the tanks last time. Ouch that hurt just to type it.

BTW I am just out of range for LIHEAT.

Hey isislc - I am in Madison and I have MGE - and I live in a low income area with buildings that are very ill-maintained, so tho heat is included, it all escapes out of the poorly insulated windows and deck door. We need a space heater on all the time to have it be a normal temperature in here. It sucks. We have energy assistance here tho. I got $100. :roll:

Yes there is a big difference between southern and northern PA.

I'm about an hour to an hour and a half north of Allentown and the Temp difference is usually a good 10-15 Degrees

If you ever travel the PA turnpike 476 thru the Lehigh tunnel it can be a world of difference from one side to another.

I could remember several times going north it would be raining on the south side and the roads would be snow covered on the north of the tunnel.

I live just outside Philly and my dad lives about halfway between Wilkes-Barre and Williamsport. It's always at least 10 degrees colder, sometimes even more. The times I envy him is when it's fricking 95 degrees with 100% humidity here. Where he lives the temperature rarely exceeds 90. Oh, yeah and Philly always seems to be at the freezing rain/ice border during storms. A half hour north or west there's snow and a half hour south or east there's only rain. I'd rather 18 inches of snow than ice/freezing rain.

I live just outside Philly and my dad lives about halfway between Wilkes-Barre and Williamsport. It's always at least 10 degrees colder, sometimes even more. The times I envy him is when it's fricking 95 degrees with 100% humidity here. Where he lives the temperature rarely exceeds 90. Oh, yeah and Philly always seems to be at the freezing rain/ice border during storms. A half hour north or west there's snow and a half hour south or east there's only rain. I'd rather 18 inches of snow than ice/freezing rain.

I live just North of Wilkes-Barre.

I don't like it when the temp goes above 90 with the High humidity either. I have always said if it stayed between 60 and 80 degrees all year I would be happy but then again I would miss the snow. I do like the snow in the winter and there's nothing better than a white Christmas.

The freezing rain/Ice this year here has been nasty And I would much rather snow.

There were several storms this year where it would start as freezing rain then turn to snow what a mess that was. You would step in the snow and go on your but because of the Ice underneath. The opposite is nasty too when it snows then changes into freezing rain.

I live just North of Wilkes-Barre.

I don't like it when the temp goes above 90 with the High humidity either. I have always said if it stayed between 60 and 80 degrees all year I would be happy but then again I would miss the snow. I do like the snow in the winter and there's nothing better than a white Christmas.

The freezing rain/Ice this year here has been nasty And I would much rather snow.

There were several storms this year where it would start as freezing rain then turn to snow what a mess that was. You would step in the snow and go on your but because of the Ice underneath. The opposite is nasty too when it snows then changes into freezing rain.

I should have figured that when you said you lived 1-1 1/2 hours north of Allentown. I grew up in Plains and I still have family there and in Pittston.

My gf was born and raised in Tunkhannock/Lake Carey. She moved to NY about 6 years ago. We go there a few times a year to visit her family. :)++

Boy it's a small world!!

How old is your GF?

It's a nice area around the lake.

Tunkhannock has also been shaping up over the last couple of years.

OMG your heat bill is as much as much mortgage!!!!! OMG! :shock::shock::shock:

I'm in Texas and in the summer the highest my AC bill has been was around $200, usually in July. In the winter my gas bill is usually around $40 or less. I could not financially get by if I had a bill like yours. Wow. I bet that program really helps out and that is awesome!

I grew up in Watsontown, PA if any of you Pennsylvanians know where thats at. I have definitely gotten used to the dry heat out here in South Dakota. It always goes above 100 out here during the summer at least a few different times. The first time I went back home I went to the Corvette show in Carlisle. It was in the mid 80's, but the humidity was horrendous. I was sweating profusely from just walking around. I can walk around hear in 100 degree heat and not so much as break a sweat since it's so damn dry out here. We don't have to pay for our utilities since I live on base, so yeh we kinda abuse that and keep our house warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Try to keep it around 70-72. Someday we'll have our own house and have to worry about paying utilities.