EX will not remove a name that is not mine

They should be able to tell you which TL or Inq the misspelled name is connected to.

Then you have to contact them to correct or remove it.

I sent the nutcase letter and had some good luck with it but I also had my name misspelled about 20 times.

For some reason the CRA's are a PITA about removing personal info.

Well in that case I would tell them if they can't find it in their records they have no business reporting it. Remind them that the FCRA requires the info to be accurate and if they have no records of it how could it be verified as accurate. If need be tell them you will file a lawsuit for willful noncompliance.

EX has my name misspelled and the wrong middle initial and they will not remove it. They will not tell me how they got that name associated with me. How nasty do I need to be with them to get this fixed

I called them and somehow managed to get ahold of a sensible CSR. I told her the only names I've ever used or been known by. I pointed out how foolish some of the permutations were and she agreed. (Really dumb stuff like Madloan A. Smith or Smith Magdalen or A. Smith Magdalen) Anyway, she removed them.

I told the CSR that they cannot report misspellings because it is NOT accurate....and to report other names allows for identity theft because any jerk can use a permutation of my name and my addy and get credit....

Don't know what part of that worked, but I got all those permutations off.