Houston Funding, may I sue even if ITS works?

Hey, quick question:

I'm not usually vindictive in nature and not really concerned about the money, but Houston Funding has obviously recently purchased a new large round of highly distressed debt. They are not sending dunnings and are reporting over-aged and re-aged accounts.

I've sent an ITS and a dispute to EQ so far, and my feeling is that they will probably consider me part of the 'sh!t' that didn't stick and remove it, but I don't know that I'm satisfied with this.

On behalf of all of those that are not aware of their rights, or even in my case if this brief stint of reporting were to risk universal default status, or queer one of my CLI reviews (which i think it might have but can't prove), I think I still want to hire an attorney to go after them after the fact.

So my question, would I still have a case? Would jurisprudence find it frivolous and let them get away with "oops, our bad" and be done with it?

I just really think these guys need to take some heat.

Thanks!

Hey, quick question:

I'm not usually vindictive in nature and not really concerned about the money, but Houston Funding has obviously recently purchased a new large round of highly distressed debt. They are not sending dunnings and are reporting over-aged and re-aged accounts.

I've sent an ITS and a dispute to EQ so far, and my feeling is that they will probably consider me part of the 'sh!t' that didn't stick and remove it, but I don't know that I'm satisfied with this.

On behalf of all of those that are not aware of their rights, or even in my case if this brief stint of reporting were to risk universal default status, or queer one of my CLI reviews (which i think it might have but can't prove), I think I still want to hire an attorney to go after them after the fact.

So my question, would I still have a case? Would jurisprudence find it frivolous and let them get away with "oops, our bad" and be done with it?

Thanks!

I think it's worth a shot. One CRA re-inserted a TL on my report. I sent a ITS. They removed it immediately.

I didn't think that was good enough, so I sent another letter telling them "thanks, but damage has been done. Let's settle."

They agreed. I had to sign forms and the check is on its way!

Go for it, Clever!

Hey, quick question:

Thanks!

It's a question. What is ITS? I am just learning about some of these things.

Thanks!

I just called them very confidently and apparently I'm scheduled for deletion no later than tomorrow.

Man I wish they had put up even the tiniest fight, I have them on thousands in violations.

My wife who I thought was napping during the call was like "WHOA what the hell was that???" Very impressed.

What a wealth of information this site is!

READ THE FDCPA AND KNOW YOUR RIGHTS!!!!!!!!

Oh Please, do tell! And you did this on your own?

What specically did you cite as infractions and what dollar amount did you figure you would win in a full-blown suit? Was it one or more infractions?

Yes I did. I cited the part of the FCRA that they violated in a letter. They re-inserted a TL, without notifying me within 5 days. After the ITS, they deleted it right away!

I sent the letter after they deleted the TL, so I didn't think they would go for it.

They did. They must have thought I was working with a lawyer. It wasn't so much the dollar amount, but I could have asked for punitive damages which could have added up to more!