Lowering Garnishment?

From my understanding, the state of California follows the Federal rules for garnishment. This means that my wages can be garnished for a maximum of 25% of my income per week/month.

Is there any way that this can be lowered though the court system? Showing the judge that after my needed expenses at home there is less than 25% left? Or am I stuck with the law?

Where are you in the process? Do you have a judgment? Garnishment is not automatic once you have a judgment.

Did you try doing a settlement with the CA after the judgment? If you have a settlement agreement in place, the CA would most likely not file for a garnishment order.

I have a Case Management Conference later today. This will be my first appearance in court. No judgement yet, no settlement yet.

I'm just curious if it gets to that point, is there anyway to lower the 25% garnishment that will occur through any evidence/hardship I can show.