what if they don't sign the return receipt?

skot0123

I sent Cavalry Portfolios a DV letter by Certified Mail w/ RR on March 3 and have not received a green slip back. Should I send them another now to the same address, should I wait and send it, or should I look for another address for them? I checked the tracking with USPS and this is what it says:

Delivered, March 10, 2008, 11:59 am, HAWTHORNE, NY 10532

Notice Left, March 08, 2008, 8:05 am, HAWTHORNE, NY 10532

Arrival at Unit, March 08, 2008, 8:02 am, HAWTHORNE, NY 10532

I sent Cavalry Portfolios a DV letter by Certified Mail w/ RR on March 3 and have not received a green slip back. Should I send them another now to the same address, should I wait and send it, or should I look for another address for them? I checked the tracking with USPS and this is what it says:

Delivered, March 10, 2008, 11:59 am, HAWTHORNE, NY 10532

Notice Left, March 08, 2008, 8:05 am, HAWTHORNE, NY 10532

Arrival at Unit, March 08, 2008, 8:02 am, HAWTHORNE, NY 10532

I think it might still be a bit early to do anything yet - have you actually spoken to anyong at the post office?

You should either get the signed green card back or notice that it was refused but since they make three attempts to deliver with several days in between, you do have to give them some time.

One think I always recomend is to send a CC at the same time with either a proof of mailing or with delivery confirmation so that whether the receiver want's to sign or not, the presumption is that they GOT the letter!

I asked the Post Office when i mailed my DV letters, what happens if they decline delivery or they just dont pick it up. They told me it stays there at least 15-20 days and if no one picks it up, tehy send it back to the sender. If they flat out refused to sign for it, it is returned to sender also, with a notation that it was refused.

I checked with the Post Office and the letter was signed for on the 10th of March. They said that I should be able to go onto the USPS site and enter teh tracking number then click more info and see the signature page. That isn't working in thsi instance but it may be useful for some in the future. He did print it out for me of the the USPS system so I am good to go on that part now.