suzebqueen

Newbie issue with husband credit report

My husband is in the processing of applying for a job and yesterday the prospective employer contacted him about a WAMU/PROV credit card in collections (mine) that is on HIS report. THis card is an individual card in my name and when I contacted the OC yesterday I was informed it was sold to Arrow..whom I have received nothing from as of yet.

First, are they allowed to have this on my husbands credit report? What do I need to do to get this removed?

I have been lurking here for a while as I have several credit cards in collections due to a failed business.....I want to pay the CA's but they have been less than wiliin got work with me!

FOr now, I just want to get this removed from my husband's report....any advice and is this legal?!?

Thank you!

My husband is in the processing of applying for a job and yesterday the prospective employer contacted him about a WAMU/PROV credit card in collections (mine) that is on HIS report. THis card is an individual card in my name and when I contacted the OC yesterday I was informed it was sold to Arrow..whom I have received nothing from as of yet.

First, are they allowed to have this on my husbands credit report? What do I need to do to get this removed?

I have been lurking here for a while as I have several credit cards in collections due to a failed business.....I want to pay the CA's but they have been less than wiliin got work with me!

FOr now, I just want to get this removed from my husband's report....any advice and is this legal?!?

Thank you!

Was he an Authorized User or is this a Joint Account? It should state on his reports. If AU, then dispute as "not mine" with the CRA's and it should drop. This could take 30 to 45 days. YMMV depending on whether disputing from free or purchased CR's.

If we exclude community property states (I don't know if NJ is one or not), then no, they cannot put your accounts on his report unless he was a co-signer/authorized user. CA's are scumbags, they just see that you're married and are trying to put pressure on whoever they can to pay it. He needs to dispute it with the bureau's at the least, maybe threaten the CA as well.

If NJ is a community property state, the rules are a bit different, and it might be legal, but I'll let somebody more familiar with that comment.

I do not think NJ is a community property state...and he was an authorized user....but NOT a joint account...he was never put on the application....

I do not think NJ is a community property state...and he was an authorized user....but NOT a joint account...he was never put on the application....

Community property does not play into this. AU=no financial responsibilty whatsoever.

Hi this is my first post. I have been reading this thread for a few days now and it is partially responsible for me joining this web site. I am in the same situation and have been an AU on several accounts of my husband. Could you give me an example of the type of letter you would write to get the CRAs to take it off my report. Thank you so much and to the lady above thanks for your original post!

Hi this is my first post. I have been reading this thread for a few days now and it is partially responsible for me joining this web site. I am in the same situation and have been an AU on several accounts of my husband. Could you give me an example of the type of letter you would write to get the CRAs to take it off my report. Thank you so much and to the lady above thanks for your original post!

Welcome cwodew! I'll answer your question and would advise starting a new thread for any other questions you have.

You can dispute with TU and EQ in writing, on-line or over the phone. EX is pushing everyone to on-line and I have read that they aren't signing for certified any longer. YMMV. For disputing AU accounts, I had great luck on-line. All 6 that were showing were deleted. If you choose the in writing approach, just a simple:

"after reviewing my credit report, I dispute the following accounts":

1. ABC

Acct#xxxxxxx

Reason: Not Mine

2. ETC, ETC......

I would enclose a copy of your DL and SS but block out part of the numbers. The CRA's are notorious for claiming they received inadequate info to verify your identity. Also, I would enclose the relevant pages of the CR you are disputing from with the accounts highlighted and numbered. If you are disputing from your free annual report, they have 45 days to investigate. If you purchased them, then they only have 30 days. Hope this helps. Spend some time reading through the links at the top of the page as well as the stickies in the Credit Repair, Collections and Bureaus sections. There is a wealth of info to be found there. Good Luck!