Capital One is having a promotion. Call 877-513-9959 and tell them that "you want to make Capital One the #1 card in your wallet". (you probably don't have to embarrass yourself by saying the exact phrase...lol) They will give you a CLI if there is one available.

I got a bump from 300 to 600 and hoping for my automatic increase this statement.

• Like 6
Really? Do you know if they pulled a report or or anything when you called? What does your credit look like if they did? Thanks!

I am sure they had to pull a report but I have not saw a soft or hard pull and I got the CLI 10 days ago. Ficos between 620-680.

Give it a try and before they process ask them whether the pull will be soft or hard.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks lookingforhelp!

Just called and they said that I had recently done a balance transfer, so my options were:

I had to choose from 0.9 APR reduction (I already have a low rate), $300 limit increase, or one-time refund of $29 membership fee. I went with the annual fee reimbursement.

The woman was very friendly and it was worth the call.

Wow this has gotta be the most useful post in quite some time!

I just called and they upped my limit another $500 to 2k total (I just got my 3 month increase from 1k to 1.5k a few weeks ago). So DEFINITELY worth the call!

Thanks OP!

Call that number, tell them you're calling about the "make cap 1 first in your wallet" promotion (do NOT say you "heard" about it, let them assume you got a letter).

They will ask a couple scripted questions about your current cc usage, what cards you tend to use most etc... very easy. Then they'll ask you what you would most desire in an upgrade (I said CLI), but you can just flat out ask what your options are.

They don't try to sell anything, it's very simple.

Capital One is having a promotion. Call 877-513-9959 and tell them that "you want to make Capital One the #1 card in your wallet". (you probably don't have to embarrass yourself by saying the exact phrase...lol) They will give you a CLI if there is one available.

I got a bump from 300 to 600 and hoping for my automatic increase this statement.

Ka-Ching!!! They gave me a $500 increase to $1000. I was due one next month so it's nice to get it a little early.:)

Thanks, LFH!!!

An INCREASE! And now she's DUE!

Ya think I'll get my scheduled increase too? That's supposed to come next month. I got a letter soon after I received my Cap One card that told me if I did three things I'd get an automatic increase after 3 months. They were:

1. Use the credit card in the first 3 months

2. Make three on time payments

3. Don't exceed the credit limit

I've done all those, so I was hoping. Now I'll hope for another increase.:lol:

The promotion would be sort of a rip-off to a select few if they didn't still give you that increase. Remember I just got that deal a couple weeks ago... hate to think a couple weeks timing would gyp you out of a second opportunity.

If they don't I'd call and make a stink as to the distinction between the two offers. They obviously are looking to please customers and go the extra mile here. I kind of respect their aggression here.

On the phone now...

Representative told me that I need to call back in about a month from now to see what they can do for me. He said that these promotions run for accounts that have been open a minimum of 6 to 8 months and although mine was opened in October (which meant 6 months this month), the promotion isn't actually available on my account until next month.

LMAO!! I'm bookmarking this post!!

She's ON the phone NOW! She's been given a MONTH of anticipation!

Ok, well you got royally royalled... my account is only 4 months old.

Yeah. Not happy about that whatsoever. *sigh* Guess I don't have the lucky charm. However, I am going to call them back tomorrow and ask again. ;)

now I have to go see when I got my card.

Drat...Well I have copied the phone number (actually the whole post) so I will know what to say at least .

Also waiting for Amerikaner83 to post again :)

On the phone now...

Representative told me that I need to call back in about a month from now to see what they can do for me. He said that these promotions run for accounts that have been open a minimum of 6 to 8 months and although mine was opened in October (which meant 6 months this month), the promotion isn't actually available on my account until next month.

LMAO!! I'm bookmarking this post!!

I got my card in December. I also let the guy believe that I got the offer in the mail. I didn't say that, but I told him I "got a message about how Cap One wants to be the first in my wallet."

I'd call anyway... Magdalene got an increase on her 2nd month and me on the 4th... still a 66% chance you'll get something either way.

Usually these things don't work for me, but I guess I lucked out on the old credit roulette wheel this time.

Hey, did I tell you that I finally got Lowe's? When my EQ went up I decided to re-apply for Lowe's. They gave me a $750 CL. Not great, but not too bad. I got approved Sunday and they're already reporting to EX.

Hi

Guess what?

I called and the csr asked me a few questions?

How do I pay for my purchases? Told her my debit or credit card.

Which card do you use the most? Told her Chase

Whats more important to you "rewards" or the "interest rate"? I told her interest rate.

She said that my rate could be lowered but I asked about a CLI .. She gave me a whopping $300.00 xdancexxdancex

I can't believe it. She said now I can make the Cap1 card the most used card in my wallet.

Expect the increase in 3 business days.

:)++:)++:)++:)++

Hope this helps my scores.

Thanks so much for poting this info.