They gave her LOWE'S!

Lucky byatch! Are you a homeowner?

Nah, but I think the 721 score and lack of derogatories finally persuaded them to give me a card. They turned me down flat in January. I figured that GEMB hated me for some obscure reason. The only other GEMB card I have is a Wal-Mart card with a measly $300 CL.

Shot down

They told me that "I have the best options for my card at this time..." I've got the 300 goes up to 500 limit card...had it for over a year now...500 since July of last year...no love for Amerikaner :(

But I did call up BofA (I have the 99/500 card), and asked for a CLI on that...dude took down my income, job title, and rent, and said they'd get back to me within 5 bus. days with their decision... I am PIFing my Cap1 and exclusively using BofA now anyhow.

I got my card in December. I also let the guy believe that I got the offer in the mail. I didn't say that, but I told him I "got a message about how Cap One wants to be the first in my wallet."

The guy straight up asked me "so you got our letter in the mail huh? You know, we do like to reward our best cardholders..." :wink: I was just like "yessir - and it's nice to be remembered by such a big company :p

The guy straight up asked me "so you got our letter in the mail huh? You know, we do like to reward our best cardholders..." :wink: I was just like "yessir - and it's nice to be remembered by such a big company :p

OH man he was so playing you. I think this is probably a very small department with an unusually high call volume this evening! Think they're catching on? The stats are dropping like flies!

Oooo, you're such a fibber. Maybe that's why he gave me the CLI, he thinks I'm some kind of great customer. Of course, never underestimate a guy just being nice to a girl. I have a very young voice, so he doesn't know that I'm actually a crone. We had a nice little chat about where he is in ID and how the weather was there compared to PA. (Sunny and warm today here, snowing and raining in ID)

It's raining in IDAHO!

That's what the dude said. Raining now, was snowing earlier in the day. Hey, we had a moment there.:p

I didn't know that Cap One had a call center in ID. I'm two for two tonight, I called Chase and I also got a English speaking guy that I understood (that was about making a payment, I don't have the nerve to ask Chase for a CLI yet, maybe in a couple of months).

Woohoo, I just called and made the deadline for closing time. I got a $500 CLI effective in 3 days. I hope it reports this month. It's just gonna barely make it for reporting if it does. :D

Woohoo, I just called and made the deadline for closing time. I got a $500 CLI effective in 3 days. I hope it reports this month. It's just gonna barely make it for reporting if it does. :D

They also told me it would be good in 3 days, but the CLI is showing on my online Cap One account already.

She made the deadline! She's EFFECTIVE in 3 DAYS!

Keep it going guys!!!!!!

They also told me it would be good in 3 days, but the CLI is showing on my online Cap One account already.

yep, told 3 days, but I see mine as well...

really good cuz I just totally revamped my computer at Newegg.com this afternoon to the tune of over $700. So now my util is 33% again. (Not that there willl be a balance at all come statement time)... but I have OPTIONS!

Thanks Amerikaner!! :twothumbsup:

Oops, I mean so sorry to hear that. :cry:

It was time for me to get my automatic increase so I'm thinkin I got the automatic AND my cap1 first card call in at the same time. Wouldn't it be nice if I still got another increase!!!

Thanks Amerikaner!! :twothumbsup:

Oops, I mean so sorry to hear that. :cry:

It was time for me to get my automatic increase so I'm thinkin I got the automatic AND my cap1 first card call in at the same time. Wouldn't it be nice if I still got another increase!!!

Naah, that makes most sense... stick a fork in ya!

Well if it WAS both kicking in at the same time, it would be very hopeful for Magdalen who is worried... so let's just say it was that ;)

Not exactly worried, but I'd like another $500 or so in a month.

Isis, when did you get your Cap One card? I got mine in December my first payment was due in the end of January and I just made my 3rd payment.