Okay I called in just now and the guy was SOOOO nice. He asked me what was important and I told him the rate and the limit. My limit is $500 and my rate was laike 18.9. :shock: He told me he could cut the rate down to 14, which for my credit, it pretty darn good. He didn't say anything about a limit increase and I was too chicken to even ask him because of how my credit looks right now. And plus I'm at like 60% util on Cap 1. :oops::oops::oops:

GREAT POST!!!

I called about 2 months ago trying to get a credit limit increase and was denied twice, worse of all was I ended up getting 2 hard pulls for the calls. However I got some great news, I just called 5 minutes ago and told the lady I was calling inquiring about a letter I was sent to make my capital one card the number one card in my wallet. She said she would be happy to help me do so. She was able to give me CLI of 500, so now I am up to 1000. I am so happy, she asked the same questions like how do I use the card and will this make me use it more, etc. I have an average of 660 on my fico scores; I got the capital one card almost a year ago in April. I have no lates but I went over my credit limit by 2 dollars in my second month. I use the card for my air force reserve training so not much but this helps out a lot. Thanks for the post………:lol:

I called and got DOT SQUAT

hell, i even said the stupid line

had the card 6 years never a single CLI she said she had no offer for me because i accepted an offer of a rate reduction last month and they periodicaly review my account...blah...blah..blah

i said ok thank you...back to the drawer with ya

I'm praying that last night was just a fluke and I'm still gonna get my 6 month increase. After making my request for the CLI, I logged into my account and found a $1000 CLI. The only problem is that I'm also due for a CLI but before I called, I logged in and my limit was still $750. A girl can still hope for another CLI. :D

This is completely off subject...but I'm going to ramble anyways...

I was once told by my local cap one checking account banker that anytime a customer has a cap one checking account and a cap one credit card and they call to get an increase on their credit card, they get $500 no questions asked.

Of course this didn't happen when I called to get an increase...so I complained to my banker...and thats what she told me the above.

I just called them. I told them I had a Chase card at 8.25% with $3000 CL and Citi card at 7.99% with $5600 CL and the agent told me the 10.90% rate I had with $5000 CL was the best he could do right now.

I just dont get it. Citi approved me in 10/07 with $4000 CL...three months go by and they raise my CL to $5600 without me asking and drop my rate to 7.99%.

Why have I been a customer of Cap One since 2005 and they can't do better then 10.90%. I guess that card will stay at 0% utilization.

ok, I just got off the phone with them. I'm a bit surprised that they take your word for getting the letter and not having it shown somewhere on your account. Also the girl on the phone also told me that they do this 4 times a year (once per quarter), and since I opted for the $500 credit limit increase that I should call back in 3 months and take the 6% interest reduction.

I've had the card for only 4 mos, was opened up with a $500 limit and given an increase to $750 just last month. I'm now at $1250, not too shabby.

FACO

7/07 TU 565 EX 551 EQ 540

8/07 TU 630 EX 610 EQ 578

9/07 TU 660 EX 661 EQ 622

10/07 TU 640 EX 592 EQ 538

11/07 TU 647 EX 638 EQ 648

12/07 TU 660 EX 640 EQ 660

01/08 TU 644 EX 662 EQ 660

02/08 TU 638 EX 660 EQ 682

03/08 TU 650 EX 666 EQ 683

FICO

10/07 TU 670 EQ 661 EX 622

11/07 TU 670 EQ 691 EX 677

12/07 TU 694 EQ 688 EX 725

01/08 TU 664 EQ 716 EX 708

02/08 TU 674 EQ 724 EX 725

First...I made Cranky call tonight and get his "just" reward tee hee............he was offered 500 increase. Said, that sounds good, but I would rather reduce my interest rateif possible. The guy came back with 12%....Not too shabby. Then the guy told C that he should watch his mail, cause they will do it again soon.

The lady I spoke with this morning said almost the same thing , but she also said that she noted that NEXT time I would be interested in the CL increase..instead of the rate reduction.

You guys would have been proud of Cranky's "excitement!" He goes WOW, THAT's GREEEEEEEAT!!! While I am standing here trying not to :lol:

Since I pay online and watch the balances...and we get so much crap from Cap1 in the mail, I wonder if we really DO have letters here somewhere .... or did have an put through the shredder.

The Cap1 cards were the first cards we got for rebuilding, and our CL were ok, then automatically went up 500, so we aren't complaining. We are at 2000 for him, and 2500 for me right now.

Not gobs, but we're okay with it.

There was no argument with giving me the increase last night when I called. Of course, I'm pretty consistent at paying 1-2 times a week and ALWAYS keep that card low. :D

I had to call and say I wanted to cancel the card to get an increase.

Yeah I saw that, and I'm still shocked you got it... that card is a beast. Maybe they've recently made a change that allows them to better accommodate people with that particular class of card that always seems stuck.

You're the first! Congrats!

I had to call and say I wanted to cancel the card to get an increase.

Stefdr, didi you have the card that starts at $300 and then goes to $500? That's what I have and I hope I'm not stuck at that limit for forever......

Stefdr, didi you have the card that starts at $300 and then goes to $500? That's what I have and I hope I'm not stuck at that limit for forever......

When I got the card back in May of '06, it was at the $500 limit. When I called to cancel, The first Abu I spoke to gave me the prepared speech about how they do periodic reviews blah blah blah...so I asked him what exactly was their criteria for an increase, since I had other cards that had been given regular increases, I have two other VISA's with B of A and WAMU at $5500 and $3500. I said the same thing to the 'Account Supervisor' I was transferred to. I stated flatly that this was one of my oldest accounts, and it had the lowest CL and the highest APR of them all, and it was really kind of useless to me at this point other than the age of the account. If they couldn't increase it to match my other accounts, I had to cancel it. All of a sudden I met their CLI criteria, and now its at $1000.

I've read on this board that some others have used the cancel tactic and it backfired and the card was closed, It helps to have other cards at high limits with prime APR's.

Oh, okay so we didn't start out with the same "type" of card. Your on that higher tier than I am!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks!!! :)

Thats possible, it was the second card I got after working to get credit reestablished back then. I had worked on getting all the old debt paid off first, then got the B of A secured in Sep '05. It went unsecured about the same time I applied for and got the Cap One.

I don't know why I keep reading this thread because I keep getting more and more frustrated. LOL. I can't quite figure out why I'm not eligible for this promotion until April when I've had the card since October, I PIF every single month and I was granted the customary CLI in January of $500. Hopefully when I call back next week they'll raise my CL without question.... ;)

I don't know why I keep reading this thread because I keep getting more and more frustrated. LOL. I can't quite figure out why I'm not eligible for this promotion until April when I've had the card since October, I PIF every single month and I was granted the customary CLI in January of $500. Hopefully when I call back next week they'll raise my CL without question.... ;)

All I can think is you got a particularly uncooperative or dumb CSR. There's no reason why they shouldn't have given you the CLI.

All I can think is you got a particularly uncooperative or dumb CSR. There's no reason why they shouldn't have given you the CLI.

LOL! I got two uncooperative and dumb CSR's then, both of whom looked up my account and said that it wasn't eligible for the promotion until April. Oh well. My call date is next week, so we'll see! ;)