Well I found out today that the "MAKE CAP 1 THE NUMBER 1 CARD IN YOUR WALLET" offer EXPIRED March 31st. John the Credit Analyst confirmed that today. Needless to say he put in for a manual review for a CLI. I have only had the card since February.

Any new offers out there we can do after? I am tired of seeing $300 CLI especially with my limits from Patelco, JFCU, and NFCU.

*YELLING* :evil:

So, as James pointed out...According to my Cap1 representative, the offer did expire on the 31st of March. I explained that I was told to call back after my 6 month anniversary to see if there was anything they could do for me, and I was told that they're not running the promo anymore. Oh well. ;)

Just wanting to update on this thread a little bit. I just checked my EX report and it is showing that Cap1 actually did a softpull on me before I called in on this special on the 20th. I also just saw that they did another pull on April 1st. I'm thinking that they did this for the possible CLI again at the end of the month. Will let you guys know if I get it or not. My CC cycle ends in 2 weeks.

I'll update this thread too...

My 6 month mark with Cap1 was this past Saturday, so I called them today to see what was going on with my card...After being transferred back and forth between people, I finally landed myself on the phone with a supervisor in the credit approval department and we had a pretty long conversation about the issues that I've run into with my account.

From what I understand, Capital 1 approves two types of accounts - accounts for people who they automatically deem a credit risk and therefore grant low CL's to, and accounts for people that they aren't necessarily sure how much of a risk they are and therefore grant decent CL's to. I happen to fall into the latter category. With accounts like mine, you are approved with a pretty decent initial CL at first based upon your scores but if there are other aspects of your CR's that are concerning to them they place a "contingency hold" on your account - meaning that you cannot call in and request CLI's or lowered APR's for a minimum of 6 months to 1 year on the account. They will automatically review the account and grant CLI's themselves, but you as a consumer cannot request this feature. Once they have seen that you're not a risk, they remove that block on your account...

Whether or not this is a total load of BS, fact of the matter is that I cannot request a CLI on my own card...So hopefully with more usage I'll just receive the CLI's automatically and shove it up their butts.

Good info. Goes to show why after two years of having my C1 card they kept me at $500. I wrote a detailed "I'm pissed at you" letter to the CEO, my local C1 banker and a few board members ... a few days later I get a phone call from my local banker telling me I got $5000 CL. She said it was a very well written letter and he was very impressed with it. And that she was glad I wrote it because even though I banked with C1 and had a CC with C1, they were two different companies and needed to work together.

I have a feeling I'm going to end up doing that at some point down the road. Hopefully my letter will be as well thought out and written as yours...And will result in the same type of CLI. LMAO! :)

I must have had the higher risk account, I went nearly two years at a $500 limit, and the few times I called about an increase, I was told $500 was the best they could offer at this time. When I called last month to cancel the card, I was transferred around and finally got an account supervisor who gave me the increase to $1000.

That's really weird because I burnt them on 3 accounts and was originally granted a CL of $750. Then when that CLI offer came up I called and they gave me another $1k instead of the $500. So I have no idea how the heck I rated a better deal than you guys.

That's really weird because I burnt them on 3 accounts and was originally granted a CL of $750. Then when that CLI offer came up I called and they gave me another $1k instead of the $500. So I have no idea how the heck I rated a better deal than you guys.

I hate Joo :twisted:

I think I'm going to try and call tomorrow for my CLI.

Hopefully this time they will be able to do something!!

I call BS!

I've SEEN some of your "give 'em hell" letters - you bring out the Howitzer when all you need is a 9mil. :p

But how can a cute little kitty be so mean. ;)