Medical Collections...Proper action?

Mikep6126

I have two medical collections...I have one from a hospital for some stitches back in 2003. SOL On medical? Is it a written agreement? Oral contract? I have no idea. Any good approaches regarding getting medicals off my report? Also I seem to have 2 collections with 2 different amounts relating to the same visit. I know about the first one but I have no idea where the second one came from. PFD or wait out the first one and DV the second one? Whatcha think...

NCO-MEDCLR(not licensed in WA) Phil, PA

1. Medical 825.00

NCO Financial Systems Phil, PA

1. Medical 426.00

Try searching this site for medical collections -- there is lots of advice.

They are usually considered goods & services UCC -- so SOL is 4 years

Medical collections are different -- so check out the various postings to see what may work for you. I had success with the 'Why Chat' approach -- but a key to that is NEVER deal with the collector.

before you are even seen for medical care, you are required to sign financial responsibility during registration. That would make this a written contract. Whatever the SOL is for a written contract is in your state can be found on this site.

I have three collection accounts for medical and I'm not paying the CA. They are pretty old and I'm just letting them go until they fall off my report. One thing to keep in mind, I raised a stink with TransUnion because the name of the OC was listed on my report and that name compromises Federally Protected Health Information. I told them to get that name off my report. Certain providers, ie; Neurological Associates, for instance, will indicate a diagnosis just from the name of the provider. Make sure there is nothing on your report that hints at divulging protected health info under HIPAA. Dispute it if there is.

thank you for the good advice...What is the 1-2 punch. Is that a DV or a dispute with the CRAs or both?

The 1-2 punch is CIC 101 - do a search for it and learn how to make your letter writing skills and certified mail return receipt requested work for you!