Are reaffirmations reported to CRA's?

almost_there

Just a quick ? about reaffirmation agreements...would entering into a new "contract" and monthly payment arrangment be reported to the CRA's?

Details aside - and I know what the general opinion regarding reaffirmations is around here - I'm seeing it as a possible easy way for rebuilding IF it gets reported that is.

Thanks.

Update...

Called my attorney, he did not know but told me if I found out to let him know. So I called the rep. for the creditor and it turns out that yes they do report it. I then let my attorney know and he said it will be good to able to tell his other clients this if they are considering reaffirming.

Of course it always depends on one's own unique set of circumstances whether this would be advisable or not. For us, it makes sense and will be one less application for new credit we'll have to worry about in rebuilding our credit.

Just a quick ? about reaffirmation agreements...would entering into a new "contract" and monthly payment arrangment be reported to the CRA's?

Details aside - and I know what the general opinion regarding reaffirmations is around here - I'm seeing it as a possible easy way for rebuilding IF it gets reported that is.

Thanks.

I did a reaffirmation on one debt in 2003, and it does report and show payment history, but it also says discharged in Chapter 7 Bk. At least it does with Experian.