I applied for and recieved approval on an HSBC Platinum MC on Sunday night. The message that I got at the end of the online process said that I would receive an e-mail with the details concerning the account. I have not heard anything by e-mail or any other means.

I see that they pulled EX with a FAKO of 547. I know that they are notoriously slow but am worried that I am in "review" or some other nonsense. :roll:Should I call or just wait it out?

I applied for and recieved approval on an HSBC Platinum MC on Sunday night. The message that I got at the end of the online process said that I would receive an e-mail with the details concerning the account. I have not heard anything by e-mail or any other means.

I see that they pulled EX with a FAKO of 547. I know that they are notoriously slow but am worried that I am in "review" or some other nonsense. :roll:Should I call or just wait it out?

They are very slow. I don't remember getting anything other than being told that I got the card until I in fact received the card in the mail. And that took a very long time like 3 weeks from approval.

Well I finally got the e-mail saying that they would be in touch in 12-15 days. Not wanting to wait that long, I called them up.

It turns out that I got a 300 CL and the card could take up to a month to get here... Talk about snail mail.

They are so slow, just like everyone is saying. I applied, received the notice...Called...Found out that I was approved and was told that the card would be in the mail within 2 weeks. About a month and a half later, the card arrives in my mailbox. I did receive my automatic CLI after 3 months as promised, and it was a 100% increase of my initial CL, but they are completely unwilling to grant me another CLI within 6 months of the obligatory one. Since that was in December of 2007, I have to wait until June to request one unless I receive another automatic increase. It's frustrating! :evil:

I just checked my HSBC and they gave me an CLI from $750 to $1100! I got the card in 11/07 so not bad for 4 months. I didn't ask for it and didn't see a soft pull. I have 3 of their cards and an auto loan, they have always treated me pretty good. I got them just to improve my score and I think they have helped me considerably in my goal.

I just checked my HSBC and they gave me an CLI from $750 to $1100! I got the card in 11/07 so not bad for 4 months. I didn't ask for it and didn't see a soft pull. I have 3 of their cards and an auto loan, they have always treated me pretty good. I got them just to improve my score and I think they have helped me considerably in my goal.

I'm hoping they'll bump me up in a month or so. I got the "Platinum" Visa in January. They started me at only $500, but gave me a decent interest rate (13.9%), so I can't complain. It would be nice if they upped me to $1000.

HSBC is not a bad card. Keep in mind that if you ask for a CLI, make sure you ask for a CLI fee waiver and raise hell if they try to give you the runaround. I have had mine ($500 w/ $59 AF) since January. It has SOOOO helped me in both building credit and emergency bill paying (always PIFed, of course...). Like Mag, I got a 13.9% APR, but my thing is I never plan on paying a finance charge on that card. What I really want though is to apply for an auto loan for a decent rate with them at the end of the year. I also have their online savings product (3.05% APY right now....but still better than regular savings). Great thing about their savings account is there is no minimum balance and no monthly fees. You can open it with a dollar if you want. (www.hsbcdirect.com).

Bottom line, if you don't screw them, they will love you. If you do, they will do it right back and will not be nice about it.

How long did you wait to request the CLI?

Im only going to use this card for bill paying my utils and other non-reporting bills. PIF every month, of course. I may as well get credit for paying them, right?

I also figure that there is no way to get into trouble with the cc if I have to use it for bill paying. From this point, I just have to trade my jeep off for something else or refi it, (I'm thinking a Chrysler Crossfirextookewlx) and get the financing through PenFed or BECU (Waaaaay lower rates at 4.2% and they pull EQ only)

Then I'm gonna add 1 more card for emergencies and call it good until my SL gets out of rehab. I'll probably refi the SL with BECU as well. I'm so glad I have family that lives in WA.

As far as savings go, BECU is offering + or - 7 percent on their package deal but it requires direct deposit. I don't know if I can get around that as I am 1099 only.

AWW man, why did you have to say that? now I'm gonna have to stay with the Jeep Liberty... I had heard good and bad about the Crossfire on the forums and the good outweighed the bad.I guess they are biased b/c they are owners... I haven't owned a sports car since high school. Oh well, I guess i'll have to get the Libby lifted instead.dsc03334re0.jpg

Got Groceries? lol

The pic is from a member of a Jeep forum called LOST. It stands for Liberty owner's special team. I am a member there.

That's not my ride, though it is exactly what I want mine to look like. I just don't have the 3500 bucks to do it right now.:(

How long did you wait to request the CLI?

First CLI came automatically after 3 months. Then attempted to request another CLI three months after the first automatic one. Received an immediate denial, stating that I needed to wait 6 months from my automatic CLI to request another one. *sigh* Oh HSBC.

What kind of utilization did you have in the first 3 months. I have a $300 CL but I don't want to go over 35% utilization. This restricts me to using it only for making my S.L. rehab payment ($105) until the CLI happens. After the CLI, I can add utility bills to the card and still be under 35%.