Duplicate entries on Ex CR

skot0123

Ok, so I have been working on my credit for about a month now. One of these errors I found was that an old loan that went to collections was on my CR with EX twice. At first there were some slight differences between the two such as opened date or high balance being slightly different. I disputed the incorrect one and the only thing I accomplished was that now I have two identical listings on my account. I disputed the listing on the grounds of it being a duplicate and it came back as verified. I then called the OC and when I got the right person on the phone he said that "she had jsut updated my information in e-oscar and that it may take a few days." He said this before I had a chance to really explain what I was concerned with. He was referring to an incorrect amount that I disputed so that's no big deal. Once I explained the problem of the duplicate listings he said that he didn't have any way of fixing that and that I should call the EX about it and that he would be happy to verify that I have only had one account with them. I have now sent a letter, rather than the online dispute, so that I could spell out what the problem is. I think that what is happening is that they see the dispute and automatically verify that it is a legit account, which it is, they just don't see that my complaint is that it is on there twice.

I hope that I have used the right approach for handling this but the greedy side of me is saying "haven't they messed up and can I use thsi to my advantage?" Any input from the CIC gang?

Call EX and ask for a supervisor. You first try to dispute something on the phone and it will transfer you to an operator. Once transfer explain to ask to a supervisor for help and only supervisor. Explain to the supervisor the acct and #'s most likely they will delete and give them your email so that they can forward to you the delete. It work for me. Be nice and explain how the account company in manipulating the system to hurt you. :mrgreen:

I disputed three items on my EX CR....one of them was a duplicate listing...today, I was notified by EX that two of the three disputed items were deleted...it's like they didn't even check with the CA - they just wiped it out. SWEET! The other deleted item was a $195 phone bill placed with NCO Financial for collection - I verified the debt existed with the OC and EX wiped it out when I requested DV. Obviously, they didn't bother to check on that either....just wiped it out.

A little note about NCO Financial. I stated on this board last night that they were okay to deal with, but the more time goes by, the more I'm thinking they're sleaze. They reported a debt on my CRAs without ever having sent me a statement or demand for payment - my current address has been on my CRs all along. I told them I won't even discuss settling the account without a statement from them in writing. They were supposed to email it and didn't - I'm keeping phone logs of my discussions with them. Tomorrow, I'm sending a written demand for the bill...if they don't send it, I'm using that to dispute with the CRAs that they clearly reported the debt only to cause me harm and had no intention of ever sending me a statement. I, in good faith, contacted them and they are being very uncooperative. It's not too difficult to get rid of CAs if you have half a brain.

NCO is a JDB, they are the lowest of the low. I sent Mike Barrist who is the director an email with a dv. I have heard here ans else where that if you send Mike a dv NCO will go away. NCO has many complaint with the AG in their own state and other states. They are treading on thin water so they dont try to hard if they know you aint gonna play their game.

NCO is a JDB, they are the lowest of the low. I sent Mike Barrist who is the director an email with a dv. I have heard here ans else where that if you send Mike a dv NCO will go away. NCO has many complaint with the AG in their own state and other states. They are treading on thin water so they dont try to hard if they know you aint gonna play their game.

Yah, I read that they've were fined $1.5 million by the Feds for violations of the FCRA. This is what made me think they're sleaze. After my two requests yesterday afternoon for a statement from them via email (I never rec'd anything), a call came in on my cell from area code 303 (Colorado). I answered the call and the caller hung up on me. I called the number back and some guy answered - I asked him why he hung up on me...he said "I didn't think you'd answer"...so I asked him why he was calling at all if he already assumed "I wouldn't answer" (what a retard). I asked him who he was and he told me he's the credit reporting mgr for NCO, that he understood I was interested in paying off an acct and if I did so immediately, he'd report it as paid in full today. Otherwise, I'd have to wait 15 days until he updates again. So my response to that was "seems you have outstanding internal communication, however, your email system clearly sucks, since you can't seem to get a bill to me". Then I told him that no way in hell was I giving any personal banking information to anyone over the phone, especially not to someone whose etiquette includes hanging up on people he calls and that until I see proof that this debt is valid, they aren't getting a penny from me and I hung up on HIM. I haven't heard from them at all today and have not rec'd any statement of this so-called account. No wonder the CRAs simply delete them from people's files if this is the brand of business they conduct.

Incidentally, their Registered Agent shows "forfeited" in California.