I'm Losing My Mind-Problem With Alliance1/Alltel

Swanson52

So, I have a $72 collection account with Alltel, that is being reported to the big 3 BY Alltel, but has been sold off to a collection agency called Alliance 1 (or One, whatever). Alliance 1 directs me to Alltel for a PFD, but Alltel refers me to Alliance 1 for all collection stuff.

My question is, who is responsible for holding, collecting, and reporting this debt? Why is Alltel reporting it if it has been sold? Who really does handle the PFD?

Thanks in advance.

So, I have a $72 collection account with Alltel, that is being reported to the big 3 BY Alltel, but has been sold off to a collection agency called Alliance 1 (or One, whatever). Alliance 1 directs me to Alltel for a PFD, but Alltel refers me to Alliance 1 for all collection stuff.

My question is, who is responsible for holding, collecting, and reporting this debt? Why is Alltel reporting it if it has been sold? Who really does handle the PFD?

Thanks in advance.

See if you can find the old bill from Alltel and mail them a check for $72. They process the payment as normal. I think others on this forum have done that with success.

See if you can find the old bill from Alltel and mail them a check for $72. They process the payment as normal. I think others on this forum have done that with success.

Alltel is still reporting it as a revolving balance (so I'm at 100% usage as I have no other credit :roll:), and I found the account number but no old bill. Will this still work, given those facts?

Will trying to pay with a debit card work as well, even though I only have the acct. number and they are showing it as charged off? Heck, I would go to the local payment kiosk if I had the phone number...

My only other option is to just pay the thing off and show the negative action on my CR but remove the negative associated with 100% usage. Both the CA and Alltel refuse to sign a PFD...