Removing Late Pays

bobthai

I live in Ct and would like to know how to get rid of a bunch of 30, 60 day late pays for my wife. Its killing her score!! Second, I have 12 In Collections, 9 are pass the statue of limitations for Ct. I beleive its 3 years. The other 3 are small debts under 500 dollars. How can I go about starting to remove them. I have nothing in my name as far as house and car.

Well, you can dispute the TL and hope they don't come verified. However, then the the whole TL is deleted which might be more damaging than a few late pays, depending on the age of the account and the age of the rest of her CR. Alternatively, you can contact the creditor and ask them to kindly remove them. The chance of that succeeding greatly depends on her payment history before and after the late pays though.

Relevant CT SOL is six years, not three. You remove them by:

a) negotiating a PFD or

B) paying them and then disputing the TL hoping that they don't bother to verify or

c) paying them and then asking kindly for the CA to delete (not likely, but it has worked for me in the past) or

d) laying a minefield to catch them in a FDCPA violation or three and then suing them and settling for a delete

Take your pick.