I would be surprised if *anyone* could get their report online anymore

My brother and I just tried to get his credit report online free at annualcreditreport.com. Even though he has no changes of address, no ID problems, no changes of name, all 3 CBs said he has to either talk to them on the phone, or mostly, send them proof of his residence with utility bills, bank statements, ID. This is not fair. I guess there's just too much fraud in this world now.

My boyfriend had similar problems. Because he dropped off the credit map about 10 years ago, he can't verify he is himself.

They insist on sending something to the "address on record" which is 10 years out of date. They're asking him to tell them the details of TLs that are 10+ years old. They did finally agree to send him a form to his current address, but now he has to send them back a copy of his picture id and social security card.

I can get two of mine no problem (EQ and EX) but TU won't let me pull mine online even though they let me pull the merged report through truecredit.com. In addition, myfico says I have to call to verify my identity before they'll let me buy my fico scores. I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to it yet.

could always just apply for credit, wait a week for the deanial, and then send for the report because of the denial, and your report will have the new address on it. Tyr to use one from EQ, so you can dispute it off. Its the best way I know in order to get a persons report sent to your home. short of making them an auth user to get an addy to report.

I can get two of mine no problem (EQ and EX) but TU won't let me pull mine online even though they let me pull the merged report through truecredit.com. In addition, myfico says I have to call to verify my identity before they'll let me buy my fico scores. I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to it yet.

I wasn't able to get my TU online after the Truecredit thing a few months ago went down but I have been able to pull two freebies online with TU one in January and one in February.