Opening up a can of worms?

JustaTexan

Hi guys! I have 2 collections on my credit scheduled to expire next year. Recently they took them off of my credit for about a month and then placed them back on. Since they cannot sue me anymore for these medical collections, (Medical Data Systems), I am thinking about disputing them and hoping for the best. I mean, what is the worst it can do? It could either make them mad and they would start sending me out letters again.....or they could just throw in the towel and delete.......any opinions? Is there something I don't know about that they can do if I start messing with them again?? :confused::confused:

If you're sure they're past SOL... you're right there's nothing legally they can do, besides try to harass you some more. It will still fall off next year. If they try to sue you have the SOL defense.

Although, it's not unheard of to have one sue after SOL, but they'd be hoping you don't show up so they can win a default.

I would probably try some disputing, just to see what happens. It might get deleted, or they might verify. It's not like you'll make someone angry, the disputes are pretty much automated these days. If it was worth their time and money to sue over, they'd likely have been on it already. In my experience, disputing a tradeline did not seem to affect the CA's letters or phone call frequency at all, even old ones that hadn't contacted me in years.

http://www.acollectionagency.com/statuteoflimitations/texas.php

Check out this link. I could be reading it wrong but I think it means that Texas is a 4 year state. So, they are past the 4 years that they had to sue me but still within the 7 years they can report it in. They have the date opened listed as 3-2003, but these were from when I went to the ER back in like May of 2002. Experian and TU say it is scheduled to come off my report in 3/2009. So I'm not really sure how the 7 year thing works.

I think I am going to try to dispute them. I'm just so tired of having baddies on my report. Wish me luck!!! I'll def keep ya'll updated!

Hi guys! I have 2 collections on my credit scheduled to expire next year. Recently they took them off of my credit for about a month and then placed them back on. Since they cannot sue me anymore for these medical collections, (Medical Data Systems), I am thinking about disputing them and hoping for the best. I mean, what is the worst it can do? It could either make them mad and they would start sending me out letters again.....or they could just throw in the towel and delete.......any opinions? Is there something I don't know about that they can do if I start messing with them again?? :confused::confused:

Well, since they were off your CR for about a month, I didn't hear you say anything about receiving a letter within 5 days that the CRAs put it back on. I would write the CRAs a nice letter telling them to get that account off since they never sent you your 5 day notice or you're gonna sue. There ya go, all settled, didn't have to talk to the CA once. ;)

Opened is not the same as delinquency - which is what the whole 7 year thing is. If you went to the ER in May 02 and never paid a dime, then the 7 year clock starts right then and you're done in May 09. Some of mine list 7.5 years between delinquency and removal, but what I think is that the rule is 7 years + 180 days to get paperwork filed and such. Some of my CRs seem to assume that 180 days and report later in the year, others do not.

Well, since they were off your CR for about a month, I didn't hear you say anything about receiving a letter within 5 days that the CRAs put it back on. I would write the CRAs a nice letter telling them to get that account off since they never sent you your 5 day notice or you're gonna sue. There ya go, all settled, didn't have to talk to the CA once. ;)

My 5 day notice? I just did a search that term and couldn't find much. Could you fill me in? I really wanna get MDS on anything that I can. They have not been pleasant to work with........:lol:

Yeah, they did that with me too. That's why they call EX the devil I guess.

They put absolutely NO thought into the dispute other than E-Oscar. My TU disputes are taking much longer (only a few days in thus far) but at least I have a little more confidence that it's not a bunch of BS.