Experian off the hook for now

LoveToGod

NEW UPDATE!! See further down

Finally, the correction was made, but instead of correcting the information itself. They deleted it. You know Experian can't get it right, so they just deleted it. That actually works out to my advantage.

They are okay for now..

My score went up 79 point after that happened!

• 4 weeks later...

This certain credit card got deleted off of Equifax and Experian. The real issue was the way it was reported to Experian. All of that information is in another thread. I noticed on TU that the late payments had been taken away.

I wrote them a "nutcase" letter. I willing to accept the 60day late report as long as they marked it current and not past due since I paid it off in Feb.

They wrote me back, and did not even address the issue that I wrote them about, but they said according to our records you were late such and such number of days X number of times.

I looked at that, and you know that alleged delinquency run at least one month a past the history of the account.

They said was a returned check and check fees. I did not have a checking account until last month, so I don't know how that was possible.

The end result turned out better than I expected, but here is the funny part.

"The Fair Credit Reporting Act dictates our responsibility as a furnisher of information to the consumer reporting agencies to provide accurate information. As such, the status of your account has been accurately reported to the credit bureaus agencies. To promote customer service; however, we have requested the credit bureaus to delete any negative information regarding your SUBPRIME MasterCard account from your credit bureau file. You should allow the credit bureaus up to 90 days to update their records. In the meantime, you can present this letter as proof of the actions being taken.

Thank you for the opportunity to respond."

That is interesting. What do you guys and gals think of that?

I pretty much think that they didn't want to deal with you anymore and deleted the account out of courtesy...However, did you get in writing that they wouldn't reinsert it??

They did not say they not reinsert it, but they removed the late payments from TU, and its deleted from EX & EQ. I have in writing that they are removing any negative info. I will keep the letter on file if the negative info should be reinserted.

I have to agree instead of arguing with you they just deleted the TL it was their easy way out.

On the other hand they may not have the proof to backup what they were reporting and this was their way of taking action but not admitting any wrongdoing.

I have to agree instead of arguing with you they just deleted the TL it was their easy way out.

On the other hand they may not have the proof to backup what they were reporting and this was their way of taking action but not admitting any wrongdoing.

What about a combination of both?