Debt Collector Did not provide any validation

travisnla

Hi,

Pardon my newness, if this is covered elsewhere. I recieved a debt collection letter from a debt collector about and Cingulair account from 2000. I sent a validation letter as recommened by this website (referencing the Account number listed). Anfi replied that I did not provide them enough information to validate the debt and I needed to send them my phone number, DL #, passport, etc. I definitely am not sending them this info, so what should I do now?

Thanks in advance,

TravisNLA

Hi,

Pardon my newness, if this is covered elsewhere. I recieved a debt collection letter from a debt collector about and Cingulair account from 2000. I sent a validation letter as recommened by this website (referencing the Account number listed). Anfi replied that I did not provide them enough information to validate the debt and I needed to send them my phone number, DL #, passport, etc. I definitely am not sending them this info, so what should I do now?

Thanks in advance,

TravisNLA

Followup with a second DV referencing the first. They had enough info to send you a letter and probably report to the CR's. Your letter should be sufficient.

Welcome!

Did you send them a copy of the letter they sent you? If not, send them another letter with the copy included. If they can't figure out who they're trying to collect from from the info they sent you, tell them to go away.

And...you're right...do not send them anything else in the way of identification.

Write them back and inform them that since they can't validate the debt that they need to delete it. It's their responsibility to prove you owe it, not yours to give them assistance.

You are correct.,.they don't need your personal information.