Sad but freaking out at the same time....

rmuse00

Some of you may remember I lost my sister last October. Here is thread I posted about it.

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276105

I was given her cellphone to keep as a momento plus the fact that she and I had the same razr in the same color was cool, but it was locked so I had to get it unlocked. Long story short I just got it back last night and as I was going through her numbers and my numbers now combined I noticed something. She had voice indicators on most of her family's numbers. :shock: I didn't know what it was at first but as I hilighted the numbers with what looked like a little quote bubble next to them I heard someone speaking. I raised the phone to my ear and heard her voice speaking that persons name. OMG!!!! I started to ball i could not stop crying. DH was freaking out cause he didn't know why I was balling! You can hear her say for example, "Linda's cell", "Dad's cell", etc...

My initial thought was to delete but that made me cry even more! How can I delete her voice! Called my younger sis and she was too emotional to keep talking. But she did say it was a blessing to have her voice! What is even more overwhelming is that she sounds so much like my mom who passed away in '05! :(

Just wanted to share.......

I kinda know how you feel. I just lost my grandmother about 2 weeks ago and I can't bring myself to delete a message she left on my answering machine, singing me Happy Birthday last month. :(

I say don't delete her voice until your are ready to, and that may be never. I can't even take my grandma's numbers and email out of my stuff yet.

I bet that was a shock to hear her voice and not be expecting it huh? :)

Some of you may remember I lost my sister last October. Here is thread I posted about it.

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276105

I was given her cellphone to keep as a momento plus the fact that she and I had the same razr in the same color was cool, but it was locked so I had to get it unlocked. Long story short I just got it back last night and as I was going through her numbers and my numbers now combined I noticed something. She had voice indicators on most of her family's numbers. :shock: I didn't know what it was at first but as I hilighted the numbers with what looked like a little quote bubble next to them I heard someone speaking. I raised the phone to my ear and heard her voice speaking that persons name. OMG!!!! I started to ball i could not stop crying. DH was freaking out cause he didn't know why I was balling! You can hear her say for example, "Linda's cell", "Dad's cell", etc...

My initial thought was to delete but that made me cry even more! How can I delete her voice! Called my younger sis and she was too emotional to keep talking. But she did say it was a blessing to have her voice! What is even more overwhelming is that she sounds so much like my mom who passed away in '05! :(

Just wanted to share.......

OMG Musey keep it...don't delete it...I'm so sorry...but it's a blessing to have her voice there...

OMG! I just read a story last week about an old man who had lost his wife of 50 something years. He kept her cell phone and called it everyday just to hear her voicemail greeting. The cell phone company changes something and somehow her greeting was deleted. This guy was devestated. So, my advice to you is to not only keep it, but figure out how to back it up so that you dont lose it.

Keep it!! I had the same thing with my mom. My phone has video capabilities and I had a film of the baby having his first piece of cake. He is 3 yrs old now. Well in the background I can hear my mom talking on the phone to someone so i go to listen to it whenever i start to get upset. I have all the films saved on a gig chip and computer right now so I don't lose them.

Ugh, after I responded to this thread I ended up with my crying fits shortly afterwards and had to start listening to my mom's voice again. Took me a good hour to calm down here at work. Yikes. :(

After posting at work I took the phone and listened again and had to rush to the bathroom cause I started boohooing! It does feel good to hear her but it's tough when my instinct would have been to call her at that moment! Her voice so close to me but not being able to reach her so to speak! :(

Ok, I don't want to lose her voice anyone know how I can back this up? I did a "save all to sim" but will that place all the voice indicators on sim? I might just go to our regular cell phone guy and ask him. But I would welcome any suggestions if you all have any! Thanks! And sorry for all the others that have mentioned losing people, Admin, Chelsea, Zfire, Clever...

Musey,

This thread makes me so sad for you each time I read it, that I have actually avoided responding as I can't seem to come up with adequate words to express it. I know it must be an overwhelming and bittersweet experience. I hope that you are able to figure out how to save everything.

((((Hugs))))

Hope I'm not too late, but I would suggest that you keep it.

My sister died in 00 and I still cry when I look at some of her things especially things she wrote. She was a leftie and had such a chicken scratch handwriting :)

Anyway, we have some 8mm home movies of when we were children that I can't wait to see. Have seen her on the vhs tapes it is so great to have that. It will hurt less as time passes but will always be a great reminder of your sister. I am about to start crying myself now. I had a ring of hers that I wore everyday until I lost it in december. I started losing weight and the ring was a bit big. I think I washed my hands and didn't notice it was gone until too late. Boy that hurts.

There will always be reminders which is a great thing.

Time heals all wounds.