Obtaining a complete deletion...

bubbajohn78

Hello all,

I have a few debt collectors that I want to get paid off. At the same time I want to do this and benefit from it. I know that I can haggle with the CA's and have the files completely removed and deleted pending a PIF but how can I go about getting the OC's to remove and delete the files from my reports as well? :confused:

Hello all,

I have a few debt collectors that I want to get paid off. At the same time I want to do this and benefit from it. I know that I can haggle with the CA's and have the files completely removed and deleted pending a PIF but how can I go about getting the OC's to remove and delete the files from my reports as well? :confused:

Well, you would want to be getting written agreements with a PFD if you PIF. Don't settle for anything else. As for the OC accounts, you can always try to dispute them off your reports with the CRAs. First start as not mine, then dispute with multiple inaccuracies and so forth. Then send a letter to the OC calling for an investigation per FCRA: § 623. (a)(8). They have 30 days, if they can't verify to you then they need to delete. If they don't respond to you at all, then send a copy of the letter along with the CMRR receipt to the CRAs. Remember, you need to wait on at least the first dispute results to come back from the CRAs as verified.