Question...addresses and credit reports

1) I have been at my current address for 10 years. Do I need to do anything to remove "previous address" from my credit reports? Also, where it says "other names used" there is a name that is not even me! Similar ie, Jane Smith / Joan Smithson. However, I have NEVER been this other name.

2) How do you all check your credit reports so frequently? If I check mine and hubby monthly it would be about $60. Is this the best way to do it? Work on repair and pull them monthly?

Thank you for all the help and resources on this site!

To check your credit daily sign up for a monitoring service such as truecredit.com

I know there has been discussion as to if extra names hurt your scores or not. Not sure if they do but you want your report to be as accurate as possible. If the names are extremely far off you may want to find out why. Did someone find your SSN and use it to try and obtain credit with a similar name? Just be on the look out. As for addresses I don't think they affect your score but I have read a lender may look into the length of time at current address to see if you are stable. Not sure how much you should take from this though.

You should scan your drivers license and ss card to the page you write to the credit bureau on, and make this statement:

I am........................and have never been known as.......................

Please remove.If you are really lucky something may fall off your reports when you get rid of the other name.

address........you can tell them you never lived there, or that it's obsolete.

Chances are obsolete won't get it removed though.

Do a search on true credit before you sign on to that one.

There are others. TC likes to kick you off if you update more

often then they think is proper.

Getting addresses removed is very difficult. EXP is reporting so many different addresses for me and so many versions of the same few that were actually mine. They claim every address on there is tied to an account on my credit report and therefore won't delete them. My credit report is totally clean insofar as items that are not mine and addresses on EXP outnumber tradelines...so not sure what math they are using.