CA, no dunning ltr and on CR's

Charlie9

Recieved calls from a CA indicating that they were in Las Vegas NV but caller ID indicated a local number in my area. I finally answered on Feb. 15th and told the collector that I dont reconize the alleged account and that I dispute it. The collector stated he was with Clark County Collections and, after a little research, I found out the calls were origionating from a local short term lender.

I DV'd the collection agency on March 12th after they reported to the CRA's and I called them in Las Vegas in which they referred me back to the local lender. I have yet to receive a dunning letter from then and now they are trying to send me a certified ltr.

I did state in my DV that they have violated FDCPA and that I will take action if they do not remove from my CRA's in 30 days, that was on March 17th.

Any advise on my next plan of action???

It seems odd that a CA is using a local “loan company” to collect on a debt???

At any rate, i’m not sure you really have a violation here or not and even if you do, proof is another matter.

The “certified letter” they are sending you may well be you dunning letter and/or validation but you are going to have to pick it up to know.

They almost certainly will not remove from your bureau reports and without firm evidence that they placed it there only after you requested validation, there is no reason for them to do so. They should, however, mark the account as in dispute.

I think the best advice at the moment is to get that letter and then continue to request validation/information until they’ve supplied enough for you to know what you need to know to make a decision on a next step.