Where to sue?

If you are suing a CA for FDCPA violations you can sue in any US district court.

FDCPA 813:

(d) An action to enforce any liability created by this title may be brought in any appropriate United States district court without regard to the amount in controversy, or in any other court of competent jurisdiction, within one year from the date on which the violation occurs.

Choose whatever court is the closest or most convenient to you.

Well that covers some of it. Now what about something like breach of contract. Does that have to be filed in their state or can I file it in mine with the FDCPA violations? I'm probably going to get a lawyer and have them do the filing/fighting for me but should the lawyer be local to me or them?

A general rule of thumb is that you sue wherever the damage was done. I would think that breach of contract could be a part of mispresenting the debt and could be included in your claim.

I have been sued unsucessfuly by CA's but have yet to return the favor. Maybe someone with more experience will chime in. In the meantime, do a word search for "breach of contract" and research the threads.

Depending on your causes of action, some may have mandatory venue and some may fall under a general rule for venue, while some others may have a permissible venue.

It must be encoded somewhere in your state's rules of civil procedure.

Sorry I'm not familiar with your state's law.

First thing you need to decide is what you're suing for: i.e., common law breach of contract, fraud, FDCPA, FCRA, state law, libel, etc. and then figure out which venue is allowed.