lovebug5

Trifecta Question/Suggestions...

Within the last week and a half since my last pull, my entire trifecta has dropped from my CR's most likely due to inactivity...Along with the IQ's. ;)

I'm assuming it's from the inactivity and yes, you have to reapply once they close the account!

After reading about it on this board and doing some more research I decided to try for the Kay/JB/Jared Trifecta and added Crown Jewelers at the same time too.

Figured that maybe by trying some other options and doing it all at once I'd get less of a score ding, so after carefully checking options I figured I'd also try for an Itunes-Juniper Card an additional HSBC Card a Hooters Card and an extra Capitol One Card.

For the statistics this is my current "credit situation"

BK Ch-7, Sept 2006, discharged in April 2007 Reporting on all 3 Reports

Judgement, discharged in BK, still reporting on TU (got EX and EQ to remove it)

Credit Buro's report:

Equifax:

EQ reported score: 648 (after 9 days the score is 661)

Inq: 11 (9 after this quest for credit, details below)

Other: No negatives since BK

Transunion:

TU reported score: 702 (after 9 days the score is 658)

Inq: 9 (still 9 after this quest for credit as some older ones fell off and they removed one when I disputed it by phone)

Experian:

EX reported score: 651 (after 9 days the score is 664)

Inq: 5 (9 after this quest for credit)

Credit Account & Loans (new after BK):

Alliant CU Unsecured CC: $4,000 (Balance $2,500 but I pay it off every month) opened 24 months after BK Filing

Alliant CU Unsecured Loan: $2,000 (Balance $0) opened 24 months after BK Filing

CapOne Unsecured CC: $1,000 ($0 balance) opened 6 months after BK Filing

First Premier Unsecured CC: $450 ($0 balance) opened 7 months after BK Filing

HSBC Unsecured CC: $650 ($0 balance) opened 7 months after BK Filing

Loans reaffirmed during BK:

FTCU Auto: $16K, current balance $7K

VW Credit Auto Loan: $23K, current balance $0

Mortgages reaffirmed during BK:

FTCU HELOC: $74K, current balance $63K

Litton Loan Mortgage: $222K, current balance $210K

Here is what happened with the credit applications.

Crown Jewelers:

How: Applied online

Pulled: Experian (They claim NO Credit Check on the website)

Result: Instant approval

Credit Limit: $2500

Reporting: new account showed up on TU and EQ after 6 business days with $25 balance and $2500 limit. Account only showing on TU as of 6/30.

JB Robinson:

Applied online

Pulled: Equifax (disputed this inquiry and some other ones with EQ and some were removed)

Result: Delayed approval, received approval after 2 days. JB Robinson "account card" arrived after 5 business days with a unique account number.

Credit Limit: $3,000

Reporting: EX, EQ

Kay:

Applied online

Pulled: Equifax (disputed inquiry with EQ and it was promptly removed)

Result: Instant approval, received Unique account number per e-mail instantly

Credit Limit: $3000

Reporting: EQ, EX, TU

Jared:

Applied online

Pulled: None

Result: "Denied" with comment that an application was already pending, then received an e-mail with approval and a unique account number shortly there after.

Credit Limit: $3000

Reporting: EQ, EX, TU

Note: I ordered something small from JBR, Kay and Jared to see if the credit limits were linked and if I can trust the balances online they are not linked. Yay for $9,000 extra limit.

Juniper:

Applied online

Pulled: TU

Result: "Pending" they don't believe I am a citizen so I need to send them a copy of my passport "information page". Approved after faxing the additional information to the Credit Analyst. (Phone: 866 408 4064, Fax 866 839 1768)

Credit Limit: $500

Reporting: Unknown

HSBC -Orchard Bank:

Applied online

Pulled: EX (twice for some reason) and EQ

Result: Approved.

Credit Limit: $750

Hooters:

Applied online

Result: Denied reason, BK. Sending reconsideration letter.

Capitol One:

Applied online

Pulled: EQ, TU and EX (Yikes three hard pulls)

Result: Second card issues with $1000 credit line.

So total net result

Inq: -1

Credit Limits increase: + $14,000

Edited by cashman
Updated!

Juniper:

Applied online

Result: "Pending" they don't believe I am a citizen so I need to send them a copy of my passport "information page".

Credit Limit: Unknown

Really?

15 U.S.C. section 1691(a)

(a) It shall be unlawful for any creditor to discriminate against any applicant, with respect to any aspect of a credit transaction --

(1) on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex or marital status, or age (provided the applicant has the capacity to contract);

(2) because all or part of the applicant's income derives from any public assistance program.

Welcome to payday if they do not approve you. ;)

Really?

15 U.S.C. section 1691(a)

(a) It shall be unlawful for any creditor to discriminate against any applicant, with respect to any aspect of a credit transaction --

(1) on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex or marital status, or age (provided the applicant has the capacity to contract);

(2) because all or part of the applicant's income derives from any public assistance program.

Welcome to payday if they do not approve you. ;)

Hmm that is an interesting one, I am an American Citizen though ;)

Hmm that is an interesting one, I am an American Citizen though ;)

I wasn't suggesting you weren't :D

They shouldn't ask you is the point - no more than they should ask your religion or color, or clarification thereof.

Therefore, I was surprised your post. Most companies do not touch those issues with a 10 foot pole as they are well aware of the potential for lawsuits.

The negative publicity they could receive alone for a potential suit under that section sends them running for an open check book if they have committed it to writing or come even close to the line, and generally it also involves someone looking for a new job. There are millions of legal immigrants in the US who are not citizens and entitled to apply for and receive credit.

It is certainly something I have not seen posted here before hence I replied out of curiosity rather than anything else. Beats the heck out of how do I get XXXX removed :p

I wasn't suggesting you weren't :D

It is certainly something I have not seen posted here before hence I replied out of curiosity rather than anything else. Beats the heck out of how do I get XXXX removed :p

Glad I could provide some entertainment ;)

I will add that I am a citizen NOW but not a born American citizen so I can see them wanting the verify I actually reside in the US. On the other hand this has never happened to me before, I have actually gotten approvd for credit cards with banks in the US before I even had a US social.

Well, I don't owe any one anything other than a very small balance of about $3200 on my husband's car that I reaffirmed in my BK last yr 9/2008. Naturally it is paid on time even through the BK. I have been debating (with myself!) if I should start down this credit rebuilding road or continue to pay cash/debit card for everything as I go along.

I decided that if I build up the credit score and still have zero utilization (pay it off every month before the statement comes out) - then it can't hurt. You only hurt yourself if you carry a balance. Given that I thought I would try for the sterling trifecta....

Just applied with Jared's and got an instant approval on line for $5100. xdancex I'm a little surprised, but happy! Given the current credit markets I thought it would not go through.....:mrgreen:

I applied online with Kay, and it wasnt instant. I called them and they said they needed to verify my info and income, and that I had to go in to the store. ooookkk so it isnt near me or convenient, but I went anyway. Then it took nearly 45 minutes to get that handled! Lots of passing the phone back and forth, asking me crap from way the hell back in my history and scrutinizing my drivers licence, yada yada.

Finally the manager there said they are their own financiers and they have to be sure there is no fraud. At that point fraud wasnt what she needed to be worried about . . . .

I got approved for $5,100 but honestly I'm don't think it was worth the hassle.

I got approved for $5,100 but honestly I'm don't think it was worth the hassle.

Congratulations! A nice boost to your open lines ;)