I got a question about Credit repair

sjcraw

I started tryin to repair my Credit in 05, I had some sucess in removing all of my CA all but 1. I didn't have much sucess with removing OC's. Anyway I was thinking about hiring Lexington law firm or some credit repair. I know that I can do it myself but I would rather pay them to have the head ache and they know the laws better than I do. Anyway my question is that it would be better to wait until the sol is up on these accounts so that I will not be sued right? I don't want to get sued because i have A house and 2 acres of land and 2 cars and bank accounts in my name all paid for. They would have a fields day with my assests. I wanted to wait until the SOL was up because I didn't want to wake a sleeping dog. They are not bothering me and I don't want to bother them at the wrong time.

I hope that my question isn't confusing

Thanks in advance

Sjcraw

Leave it alone until SOL is over unless you find yourself having to defend yourself from action.

When SOL is up, don't use a service, take your time and do it yourself. It won't be the headache you're thinking of it now because at that point there won't be any danger and nothing you can really mess up even if you fall short or make a mistake.

Yeah I agree, don't dispute any accounts within SOL that will only wake them up. Just wait until SOL expires.

I am currently waiting out SOL on a few accounts myself. I choose to wait until SOL is up. I am on disability and my income is exempt but I still don't want them even trying.

I agree with Clever as well.

Lexington law doesn't know the law any better than you do just go read some of the complaints on them. Also they don't guarantee anything and in many cases people have had positive TL's removed.

If you must hire someone to help go find a lawyer that is well versed in the credit repair process.

DH hired Lex Law last year when he found all these derogs on this CR's. Most he had never heard of (he had never bothered to check his CR's before). He disputed the CRA's before he hired them, then we found this site about a month later; found out all the stuff we're supposed to be doing... after having them for 5 mos, he called them to ask if they sent certified letters to CRA's:'No'. Ok, do you send certified letters to CA's: 'no'. No paper trail as outlined in these forums. Nothing taken off except for what we had already disputed. Got a letter from TU stating 'we' were frivolous. So, he called and 'fired' them. They were extremely nice to him though. But seems they didn't know any more than what we found out here. Good TL's did disappear, but they were very very old. Very old. We sent them copies, as they requested, of all information sent from CA's and CRA's, but when we showed them that certain items did not pertain to hubby, they said we should contact a lawyer that knew specifically about this subject. So, after 5 mos, we received 2 letters from CA's (out of 7) and 1 frivolous letter from TU. He asked me to take over what Lex Law was doing in order to create a paper trail (he can't do it, he's a truck driver). I'm not saying Lex Law won't work for people, they just didn't work out for us. So far, I ordered the book "Good Credit is Sexy" and I use this forum. ( I highly recommend the book). I still have questions, but people in here are very very helpful (and patient with me I might add).

I haven't used Lex Law, but I WAS going to pay alot of money to try to repair my credit before I found this site...So instead of putting myself behind before I get ahead, I decided to give it a try myself. :)