letter to CRA's w/police report

CRAIGER7204

This is the letter that I have written that I plan to send to the 3 agencies. Can anyone tell me if there is any important info that I should include that I might have left out?

To Whom it May Concern,

This letter is to formally certify that I have been a victim of identity theft. I have enclosed a copy of the identity theft police report that I have filed detailing the fraudulent accounts that are listed on my credit report. Upon review of my credit report, you will see the fraudulent accounts as well as many inquiries that have occurred without my consent as a result of the fraud against me. As mentioned, the accounts are listed in this letter as well as in the enclosed police report. It is requested that pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act (1681c-2, Subsection 605B) that these fraudulent accounts be blocked from my credit report. I am also aware that it is my right to have the furnisher of this fraudulent information made aware by you that I have been a victim of identity theft and I have filed the appropriate police report as required by law. I understand that you will notify the furnishers of these accounts that a fraud alert has been placed on my credit report and that these accounts are a result of my identity being stolen and that a block has been placed against these accounts. I am also aware that under the FCRA, the block will be placed on these accounts within four days of your receipt of this notice.

The accounts that were opened as a result of my identity theft are as follows………

• xxxxx
  • xxxxx
  • xxxxx
  • xxxxx
  • xxxxx
  • xxxxx
  • xxxxx
  • xxxxx
  • xxxxx
  • xxxxx

Enclosed, find a copy of the police report that I filed as well as a copy of my valid drivers license and social security card. These forms of my identity should be more than sufficient.

Thank you in advance for abiding by the laws governed in the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Your prompt attention to this matter is appreciated.

Regards,

Craiger7204

That is good, also if you have not done so yet you should contact the ftc www.ftc.gov and fill out an ID Theft Affidavit.

You will want to contact each company that fraudulently appeared on your credit report, send them a copy of the police report and the affidavit.

Best wishes with this matter,

just happened to me today--checked business account online and theres a charge from voicestick? called the rep said it happens all the time...i hadnt used that card since jan until one time on 3/18 an online payment and somehow they got it..i did have a new laptop so you think this could have been the problem ? not enough security- im freaking out - i used my sisters computer today to do alot of payments BEFORE i found out.

• 4 months later...