AboveAverage

16 Out of 18 EX Inquiries removed!!!!!

Verify your ID? Normally those are soft pulls. When Sovereign wanted to verify my identityfor my Bill Pay they pulled from EX to get the questions to ask me, but they were soft pulls. Normally those type of INQs are soft.

You sure the CUs didn't pull them hard to offer you a credit card or something? Every time I got an ID thing like that, my report always said it was soft.

Nope, I got the soft pulls and then a day or two later a hard pull. Usually in between they'd call or e-mail to ask me questions and verify I was who I said I was. Then they'd do the hard pull before opening the account. These are 8 credit unions most of them in PA, one in CA (Patelco). I did apply with two of them for credit cards after talking to a CSR and explaining my credit situation on EX. Both CSRs encouraged me to apply, so far one has kicked me to the curb and I haven't heard from the other so I suspect that answer is also "hell no". Those applications generated yet another hard pull (you would think that have enough information to do the app without the extra pull).

I'm tempted to call or send these people a letter requesting they remove the hard pulls for the account establishment.

well sure enough every INQ they investigated was removed! But the lady did tell me i neeeded to go thru BofA for 3 of their 4 inqs, but I'll call them back on monday and get someone else :p

I hate joo! I was too tired after work to call on Friday so I guess I'll just do it on Monday. My FA comes off after the 14th so I better get it done then.

I just had 8 out of 11 deleted! The ones that still stand are the ones from appyling for a apartment, its time for me to move.. Anyway Thanks OP !!

OMG I just had a fight with the woman over the phone!! She said they have no special handling dept. and I need to speak to her. I came right out and called her a liar, after arguing a bit then she transferred me to "Special Services". haa haa. Well, I talked to the woman and she asked if I was disputing inquiries, I said yes, and then she asked if I had a phone number I wanted added to my CR. I told her no because the last time they added a phone number, they used one that wasn't mine and the 3 inquiries ended up on my report. She told me she was well able to enter the correct phone number on my report. lol.

Boy, these people think they have balls. I should show them my magic trick involving a heavy rubber band and cutting shears!! :twisted:

The other person I spoke to took the dispute. I just checked EX and the inquiries ARE highlighted to be deleted. With luck they will be off after 1am in the morning tonight.

The other person I spoke to took the dispute. I just checked EX and the inquiries ARE highlighted to be deleted. With luck they will be off after 1am in the morning tonight.

Let me see if I understand the whole thing right. Do you have a fraud alert on file? You called Experian, demanded special handling and then just disputed inquiries as normal, or did you have to tell them they were from fraud? Did you speak to a lady ? She told me she could only take care of inquiries from fraud, and I listed 2 that I truly did not remember doing, and they were even highlighted when I checked. They were just flat out deleted. I kind of wished I had listed more, but I didn't want to push it.

I am just try go gain some insight about this here.

Even if you have an FA on file some of their CSRs will try to MAKE you go through them for disputes. I have an FA and this woman was trying to force me to go through her instead of Special Handling for the 3 inqs. She tried to tell me that they had no department called special handling I had to use her. I then pointed out that she was lying, and she could also see I had an FA on my file, so transfer me now. They were from when EX placed the wrong phone number in my FA then these 3 popped up. No, I didn't speak to Ana. I did speak to a 2nd lady that highlighted them so they will be deleted later tonight. As long as they are highlighted right away in a dispute they will be deleted after 1am Central.

**Update**

Sure enough, just checked my EX and the inquiries are off now. Down to 6 I can't dispute anymore because they are attached to accounts or they are older than a year old so I'm good now.

well sure enough every INQ they investigated was removed! But the lady did tell me i neeeded to go thru BofA for 3 of their 4 inqs, but I'll call them back on monday and get someone else :p

So I call up today, and get Brandon in the Fraud department, who is incredibly helpful...he let me dispute the 3 BofA inq's the other lady didn't last week. I'm not disputing any more, as they are all tied to TLs (save for one from Northland Group re: best buy).

So I"m thinking they'll be gone tomorrow - then I'll be down to like 5 or 6 inqs on EX. :p

UPDATE: Sure enough...11:47 PM Seattle time I backdoor my EX, and bam! Bye Bye BofA inqs!

I place a fraud alert on experian for 90 days and within 2 hrs I was disputing my 17/26 inquiries. They are already highlighting on Experian. Hopefully by tommorow they will be gone. I needed the fraud alert anyways because I left my home mail box keys in my mailbox :evil: and also it stops me from applying because I also a freeze on all credit agencies.

Thanks A lot to the OP:D

I place a fraud alert on experian for 90 days and within 2 hrs I was disputing my 17/26 inquiries. They are already highlighting on Experian. Hopefully by tommorow they will be gone. I needed the fraud alert anyways because I left my home mail box keys in my mailbox :evil: and also it stops me from applying because I also a freeze on all credit agencies.

Thanks A lot to the OP:D

Okay, I know this is not rocket science, but how do you manage that. Did you call the regular number and then get someone else?

Called Experian at lunch time and got 46 of husband inq deleted by tonight. Just called in and they are gone...:)

Called Experian at lunch time and got 46 of husband inq deleted by tonight. Just called in and they are gone...:)

Did you speak to regular customer service? What did you say to dispute them? I mean what reason did you give?

I told them that we had fraud alert on the account and that I would like to dispute some inq. The lady was really nice and let me list them for her.

I told them that we had fraud alert on the account and that I would like to dispute some inq. The lady was really nice and let me list them for her.

Wow! Was that Anna Simmons in special handling or just regular customer service? I told her about capital one inquiries and they are still on there...

Did you speak to regular customer service? What did you say to dispute them? I mean what reason did you give?

Did you even try to read from the first post in this thread? All you need to do is state to the 2nd rep that the INQs are there due to fraud. The fact that she'll see you have a fraud alert she will go down the INQs one by one. Just list all the INQs that aren't tied into accounts and it will fly.

From the posts I'm reading in this thread, it appears that success is more probable if you have a FA on your EX report already. Reason I had one is because some dork tried to rob me of $683...if you don't have one, just call the number that is on my first post in this thread and request one, THEN call back at a later time and get rid of the INQs.

Did you even try to read from the first post in this thread? All you need to do is state to the 2nd rep that the INQs are there due to fraud. The fact that she'll see you have a fraud alert she will go down the INQs one by one. Just list all the INQs that aren't tied into accounts and it will fly.

From the posts I'm reading in this thread, it appears that success is more probable if you have a FA on your EX report already. Reason I had one is because some dork tried to rob me of $683...if you don't have one, just call the number that is on my first post in this thread and request one, THEN call back at a later time and get rid of the INQs.

I have the FA on there. If I am not mistaken a different person that the OP also said they had success, and I wanted to see who they had to go through. I read a lot of things, and sometimes I miss things, but I think there are 2 people in this thread that gave testimony having it work by calling in.

I know the OP had to get special handling, what about the later poster?

the process is you HAVE to get special handling (or whatever the fraud dept calls itself). Disputing inqs to the regular phone drone will most likely get you nowhere.

I count at least 5 people (including the OP) who FOLLOWED THE PROCESS and had it work. Why re-invent the wheel??

EDIT - there are 7 different people who it worked for, and that's EVERYONE who's tried it and posted.

Why re-invent the wheel??

EDIT - there are 7 different people who it worked for, and that's EVERYONE who's tried it and posted.

Exactly.

But Joseph, I wasn't trying to crap on you or nothing, I just wanted to know if you in fact tried it the way it was proscribed. Seeing as I am the OP, I could perhaps give you some insight that perhaps I didn't post in my original post that might help you out. The fact that this even worked shocked me and I had to share the love since I personally benefited from the info I got mostly from CIC. (Check out my EX score... :D )

Exactly.

But Joseph, I wasn't trying to crap on you or nothing, I just wanted to know if you in fact tried it the way it was proscribed. Seeing as I am the OP, I could perhaps give you some insight that perhaps I didn't post in my original post that might help you out. The fact that this even worked shocked me and I had to share the love since I personally benefited from the info I got mostly from CIC. (Check out my EX score... :D )

I think it is time for me to go to bed.! 88-)

I talked to someone who told me what going to do it, and then didn't.

:confused: What?

THE FEMALE CSR told me she would delete the cap 1 inquiries or at least put them into investigation, but they are not highlighted or deleted. They are still there.

was she "fraud department"? If not - you got lied to. If so, you got lied to. Call back on Monday, follow the procedures. It's really simple. Call up, use the report number, say "agent", when the guy/gal comes on as to be transferred to fraud department. Once transferred, tell them you believe you have inquiries on your rpeort due to fraud, as you do not recognize them, and did not apply for credit. They'll ask for the dates, relay that to them. They may ask "did you apply for Cap1 card at this date"? tell them no.

Simple.

Read two of my earlier posts in this thread: My first one (where I was told they can't take BofA inquiries off) and one of my next ones (where they took the BofA inquiries off).

was she "fraud department"? If not - you got lied to. If so, you got lied to. Call back on Monday, follow the procedures. It's really simple. Call up, use the report number, say "agent", when the guy/gal comes on as to be transferred to fraud department. Once transferred, tell them you believe you have inquiries on your rpeort due to fraud, as you do not recognize them, and did not apply for credit. They'll ask for the dates, relay that to them. They may ask "did you apply for Cap1 card at this date"? tell them no.

Simple.

Read two of my earlier posts in this thread: My first one (where I was told they can't take BofA inquiries off) and one of my next ones (where they took the BofA inquiries off).

Well said. And as I told Amerikaner earlier and can't stress enough, Your Milleage DOES NOT Have to Vary. Follow what we both stated to you and your INQs will go away.

Anna Simmons told me she would delete the cap 1 inquiries or at least put them into investigation, but they are not highlighted or deleted. They are still there.

Already been lied to about that. To know if they will get deleted or not, after you dispute, wait an hour. You do have to state that they are not inquiries you implemented. Then use the back door to EX and look at your inquiries to see if they are highlighted and say in dispute. If they are NOT, they will not be deleted. They MUST be highlighted to get deleted when EX runs their system's batch processing after midnight. They deletions will usually show up by 2am Eastern/1am Central standard time.

When the first attempt at getting my inquiries removed didn't work, I waited a few days then tried again. The second person I spoke to took care of it and now they are gone.