omega 3

How do you close an Orchard Account?

Hello,

I called Orchard Bank and told them that I would like to close the account due to the fact that the credit limit is only $300 dollars. I told them that Orchard assisted me in rebuilding my credit, but at this time it is best for me to close the account due to the low CL. I explained that I had a Mastercard with a $3,000 cl and Visa with a $5,000 cl.

They switched me to a credit manager who said they would give me a CLI of 300 and the fee is not due until Nov. She said Orchard Bank helped me in the past, why should I not allow them to continue helping me in the future. Everything reason I gave her, she continued telling me that Orcard helped me to rebuild my credit and get other credit cards, don't I at least owe them the opportunity to continue to rebuild my credit.

She said that they would re-evaluate my credit and see if they could give me a credit line of no less than $3,000 dollars. After her speech I felt guilty, since she continued telling me that they helped me build my credit as well as get other credit cards. I said that I will wait another month before closing the account. She said that the fee is not even due until Nov. So just wait and give Orchard another chance.

How were you able to close the account and what did you say to the account manager? do you still close the account when they give a 300 increase?

Hawaii in 6 more daysxdancexxdancexxdancexxdancex

I think when I closed my OB account they made me pay off the balance and wait 30 days with NO charges on that account. If one single charge got on the account, they account would remind open and I would have to pay it to zero again and request it closed.

Do you think they feel guility by charging you that fee? Obviously you have estiablished credit with another creditor who trusts you and rewards you well.

Omega, if you really want to close the account, then just tell them you want it closed. you don't have to listen to any of their offers for more credit if you don't want to. No need to feel guilty. This is business.

Call them back, say "I want to close my account." That's it, if they try to transfer to you someone else, just keep saying you want to close your account. Ask for a supervisor and keep telling them all you want to do is close your account.

• Like 1

They did not want to close mine either, ask them to waive the annual fee and keep the card open..I was promised CLI's, a refund of my deposits and more...never happened amd I finally was able to close it, after about 6 months...

They did not want to close mine either, ask them to waive the annual fee and keep the card open..I was promised CLI's, a refund of my deposits and more...never happened amd I finally was able to close it, after about 6 months...

WC, you know you still love OB...DEEP DOWN IN YOUR HEART! haha

I just canceled Orchard yesterday. I too was transferred to someone else. I got no offers of a CLI but they offered me a reduced annual fee and some of the rest of the speech you got. But I was too busy politely giving my own speech in response to her question about why I was closing. I have a $150 balance which I paid via my bank's billpay site yesterday. I told her that and there was no issue about waiting to close until they receive the payment. I just made myself clear and she closed the account. The end.

When I closed my Orchard bank card, i had to argue for about 20 minutes to get them to do it.

All over a $19 yearly fee that they would not drop. I had a $1500 credit limit.....they wouldnt drop the fee or give me a CLI, so I told them where they could stick it.

Like the others said, dont feel guilty. Lose the fee, get a decent credit limit....or drop the card...give them an ultimatium....if they cant do these 2 things...and you dont want to argue over the phone, just put it in writing and send it out certified (or CMRR).

Wow it's like the AOL of credit cards.......:lol::lol:

I cancelled mine actually online and it was quick and easy. They emailed me back confirming it actually.

OMG, I hated when AOL did that. Usually they would sucker me into three free months or 6 months or whatever then I would forget to cancel and pay for three more months. It was horrible. Never ending.

OMG, I hated when AOL did that. Usually they would sucker me into three free months or 6 months or whatever then I would forget to cancel and pay for three more months. It was horrible. Never ending.

Haha yes, when I called to cancel AOL quite a while ago my cust. service guy actually got very very angry with me for wanting to cancel. Makes me think these people get some sort of incentive or something for convincing people not to cancel. :confused:

Hello,

I went online to check my account and they did increase my limit from $300.00 to $500.00 dollars and they did not charge me for a CLI. She claimed that she would be speaking to others in the company to give me CLI no less than 3,000 dollars.

Hello,

I went online to check my account and they did increase my limit from $300.00 to $500.00 dollars and they did not charge me for a CLI. She claimed that she would be speaking to others in the company to give me CLI no less than 3,000 dollars.

Hello,

Obviously if they raised you from $300 to $500, when they promised you no less than $3,000, the chances of you getting that $3,000 are pretty slim. I've never actually heard of someone having a $3,000 CL on an Orchard card?? :confused: