isislc

YaY! Another small victory with CSC/EQ

Ok, lately I've been tackling one CRA at a time. Since the last time I beat on TU and won a huge victory, this time I decided to go after EQ/CSC since I only had a few collections that were IIB left and 1 recent collection account on my CR. Well, after taking LadyNRed's and Methuss's advice from the following BK post:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283318

You send notice to the original creditor informing them of their obligation to recall the collection (this does NOT APPLY to debts that have been sold) and ask them to verify that they have done so. This sets them up. The FCRA requires the original creditor to respond directly to consumer disputes ever since the FACT Act was passed. You would start the letter off like this to make sure they know:

"This is a written complaint of inaccuracies in my credit report under the Fair Credit Reporting Act as amended by the FACT Act. Be advised that you must respond to this dispute within 30 days pursuant to 15 U.S.C. ยง 1681s-2."

If they respond in writing that they have already recalled the collection, then you can send a letter to the collector (with a copy of the OC response) telling them that once the collection has been recalled they have no legal right to report to the bureuas and must remove it immediately...or sue them for FCRA violations since their legal ability to post to your bureau report is recalled when the collection is recalled*.

*A recall by definition means the OC has taken back permission for the CA to pursue the debt.

I took a gander and sent in my threatening letters to each of the OCs based on the thread as well as adding in a letter on the WhyChat info for medical collections. Today I log in and FINALLY! The five collections that have been thorns in my butt were finally gone! Now the only thing left on my CSC are 4 accounts from the original OC showing that they were IIB. I will probably see what I can do about getting these guys off with more letter writing. :PartyTime:

If anyone is actually interested in seeing any of my letters since I've had a lot of success and recently I've seen more people popping in with similar challenges like I have had, send me a PM. I will probably just post a thread here with all the letters that I have had success in using and producing the most results. It's small victories like this that make the whole process worth it!!

:DiscParty:

• Like 1

Thanks guys but get this. I haven't gotten any alerts recently with the updating of my EQ so I logged in just to take a peek. Just by getting those last accounts off of my CR my Fico flew up a whole 56 points!! I've never been that high before! Now I'm praying that once all my accounts report, all CCs will now be well below 30%, I refinanced my car loan so there will be a paid and new acct, 2 new CCs with another $13,500 towards utilization, major paydown on some accounts. Whew!! I'm hoping I'm gonna be joining the 700 club in the next couple of months. :D

• Like 1