laconic1981

Washington State Judgment Question

I live in Washington State. Over the past year, I have been paying off all of my debts and by the end of the summer I will be free and clear.. with the exception of this one below.

Creditor Name: NATIONAL CREDIT SERVIC

Account No.: Omitted for privacy

Original Creditor: JET CITY PIZZA - WOODINVILLE

Responsibility: Individual

Condition: Derogatory

Original Balance: $20

Balance:$698

Date Opened: 11/2005

Date Reported: 03/07/2008

The first thing is that it says it was repoted on 3.2008 but I know it was previously reported on there.. doesn't that break the law?

Second: I called the CA and they said they brought me to court and I lost and so that is how I am now at owing 698.00

I lost because I didn't show up. I didn't show up because I was never served. They claim to have had the papers sent to where I was living at the time. The date they claimed to have served me I was moving to a new place so I wasn't there and my room mate where I was at and I were having problems which is why I was moving.. it is possible he took the papers and never gave them to me out of smite?

I admit to owning every debt on my credit report and I am paying every debt off. I will even pay the 20.00 dollars off on this because its mine.. but 698.00? It would be one thing if I was there and I clearly lost but I wasn't notified so I didn't have a chance to defend myself? What am I supposed to do about that?

Is there a judgment on your CR under Public Records? If so, look for a docket number, contact the courthouse and get a full copy of the court file. It will show how you were served (or not). Then, do a search on this site for how to vacate a judgment. You may have to file a Motion to Vacate at the courthouse.

Cncerning the money, the court file will show the amount you were sued for and any interest that will be charged. The interest is compound interest, so over 3 years it could possibly add up. You are probably being charge legal fees also. Again, it's all in the court file.

Is there a judgment on your CR under Public Records? If so, look for a docket number, contact the courthouse and get a full copy of the court file. It will show how you were served (or not). Then, do a search on this site for how to vacate a judgment. You may have to file a Motion to Vacate at the courthouse.

Cncerning the money, the court file will show the amount you were sued for and any interest that will be charged. The interest is compound interest, so over 3 years it could possibly add up. You are probably being charge legal fees also. Again, it's all in the court file.

I use truecredit by transunion. I made sure that I was looking at my 3 in 1 credit report and found the section that was called "Public information" nothing was listed there. Also no file information listed for the debt itself.

What can be done / should I do?

Send a certified DV letter to the CA. Don't bother with talking to them over the phone. It is possible they lied just to trick you into paying. If they really did get a judgment awarded by default then they should be able to provide that paperwork, and then you can file a motion to vacate due to not being served correctly or at all.

Most important thing right now is to do some research and find out for sure if there is a judgment or not. Don't rely on them to tell you... make sure you get concrete proof.

Oh yea... did I forgot to mention not talking to them over the phone?

Jet City Pizza in Woodinville?

:ROFLMAO2:

Hello Neighbor! I live right off the 522 from ya! :)++

OK to answer your question re: roommate, perhaps nt giving you the summons...no it's not legal for him to do that, but you'll have to sue him for it. Not likely to win, IMHO. You were sued. you lost (default judgement entered). Is this King County or Snohomish? PM me if you like, if you don't want to post it here. Whichever it is, call the court or go down there and find out. There will be a case number and docket info, as those above already pointed out.

King County Superior Court (206) 296-9100

Snohomish County Superior Court (425) 388-3421

The court names are the links to more info about each court (directions, etc)

Good luck, and let me know if you need anything else bro!!

Amerikaner83

Jet City Pizza in Woodinville?

:ROFLMAO2:

Hello Neighbor! I live right off the 522 from ya! :)++

OK to answer your question re: roommate, perhaps nt giving you the summons...no it's not legal for him to do that, but you'll have to sue him for it. Not likely to win, IMHO. You were sued. you lost (default judgement entered). Is this King County or Snohomish? PM me if you like, if you don't want to post it here. Whichever it is, call the court or go down there and find out. There will be a case number and docket info, as those above already pointed out.

King County Superior Court (206) 296-9100

Snohomish County Superior Court (425) 388-3421

The court names are the links to more info about each court (directions, etc)

Good luck, and let me know if you need anything else bro!!

Amerikaner83

Well I lived in Snohomish county at the time but I don't know which court system I was supposed to go to because I was never servered

So I guess the real question is now do I get the judgement removed since I was never served so that I can defend myself?

I dont deny the original debt is mine which I will pay.. but 698.00?

that huge jump is likely due to "court costs and attorney fees", which you have to pay since the Judgement was entered. However, it IS possible to get a judgement overturned. But first you need to KNOW FOR A FACT the judgement was entered. If you lived in Sno County at that time, check Sno county courthouse. May want to check King county as well, just to be on the safe side. When you call the courthouse, tell the Clerk you are checking to see if there is an outstanding judgement against you.

It is up to YOU to prove you were never served. This would entail filing a motion with the court to have the Judgement overturned (on whatever basis you have)...I don't really know that much else about this particular subject though...the court clerk may be able to help though they can't give "legal advice".