makia1212

Cap One used discusssions from this forum in court

I almost feel guilty about how much I abused the various MCM reps that made the mistake of contacting me about an absurd debt that I had already paid and was past the SOL.

Oh... the good ole days...

I almost feel guilty about how much I abused the various MCM reps that made the mistake of contacting me about an absurd debt that I had already paid and was past the SOL.

Oh... the good ole days...

Why feel Guilty?

They wouldn't!!

Ok, ok.

I have NO remorse about abusing the (attempted) abusers. Even though they were just some work'n stiffs, trying to make a living, I admit I couldn't help myself when they started trying to intimidate me. I thought of all the people that couldn't defend themselves against these MFers and I decided to stick it in and twist it. I was (quietly) laughing my a$$ off while keeping the poor sob on the line so I could continue to mess with their heads.

Ok. There ya go. My confession.

Ya happy now? ;)

Ok, ok.

I have NO remorse about abusing the (attempted) abusers. Even though they were just some work'n stiffs, trying to make a living, I admit I couldn't help myself when they started trying to intimidate me. I thought of all the people that couldn't defend themselves against these MFers and I decided to stick it in and twist it. I was (quietly) laughing my a$$ off while keeping the poor sob on the line so I could continue to mess with their heads.

Ya happy now? ;)

I feel no guilt when I get them screaming in frustration at me. I find that hilarious. They say stuff to me that is meant to intimidate and I laugh at them and I keep asking them if they know the SOL in Pennsylvania and other things. Drives them nuts, but I know how they frighten and torment people, so they get no sympathy from me.

I know what yer say'n, Mag, but people are all human beings, after all, and I usually at least try to treat people with some inherent dignity. But some people provoke me to the point where the "Evil Houdino" has to come out and bite 'em in their a$$. :twisted:

But I would rather not let myself be brought to that level, I usually am left with a $hitty feeling afterward...

It's like a bar fight. You knock someone out and then ya have to look at them lying on the floor helpless and bleeding. Not always a good feeling, ya know?

Ok, ok.

Ya happy now? ;)

Yes I am!!

I know what yer say'n, Mag, but people are all human beings, after all, and I usually at least try to treat people with some inherent dignity. But some people provoke me to the point where the "Evil Houdino" has to come out and bite 'em in their a$$. :twisted:

But I would rather not let myself be brought to that level, I usually am left with a $hitty feeling afterward...

It's like a bar fight. You knock someone out and then ya have to look at them lying on the floor helpless and bleeding. Not always a good feeling, ya know?

Yes I know how that feels and completly agree.

Ahh, memories of abusing some CA who didn't have a license to collect in a previous state I lived in. Boy did I have fun playing with those guys...even played around in my sexy princess voice xangelx

And if we're changing names, I want to be A$$hat :)

Ahh, memories of abusing some CA who didn't have a license to collect in a previous state I lived in. Boy did I have fun playing with those guys...even played around in my sexy princess voice xangelx

And if we're changing names, I want to be A$$hat :)

Oh! OH! Can we hear!!! Please please please!!! ::drool::::drool::::drool::

Nice to meet you A$$hat, I'm MCM.

Yes I am!!

Why I otta...!! :lol:

I was totally taken off guard with this (presenting my forum posts as evidence), she submitted it because she said she had just found it the night before. There are way to many details. The one thing that hurt me is in one of the early posts I wrote "I am not denying the card is mine just the charges" when I denied all knowledge in my answer- I still don't know what my mindset was when I wrote this, I should have wrote "not necessarily" because I really did not know for sure- long story. I learned a valuable lesson.

The appropriate response: OBJECTION! HEARSAY! If overruled, then proceed to "plead the fifth" and savor with delight the facial expression of the attorney for the plaintiff. LOL! While most, I presume, are aware of the Fifth Amendment's absolute protection against self-incrimination in criminal cases, such protection exists against self-incrimination in civil cases too!

Cincinnaticus

yes, there is a way it gets in.

hearsay can ALWAYS be used to impeach.

further, as an admission against interest, an exception to the hearsay rule, this gets in.

do you not realize how many, many exceptions there are to the hearsay rule.

plus there is no record in small claims court ... so sure, lots of things happen there that will NOT happen in a court where a court reporter is present and you may appeal from the record.

Remember: the Fifth Amendment protection is not used in Civil Cases but only in criminal cases. You plead the Fifth in a civil case and you will be laughed out of court by the Judge and opposing counsel.

The Fifth Amendment protection is for self incrimination regarding a CRIME. It does not protect someone from not knowing the law and saying and doing dumb things ... like posting here and believing it is private or posting here and WISHING the Fifth Amendment applied in a case like this. IT DOES NOT. Plain and Simple.

Savoring with delight a facial expression ... give me a break. the only thing you will be doing is wiping egg off your face. The judge will think you are an idiot and opposing counsel will eat your lunch.

Evidence 101 ---

Edited by Redlinehome