Scorewatch update question

apes

I purchased Scorewatch the middle of last month and on March 28th it alerted me of a score change, but has not done anything since then. I know it should have updated by now because I have had a loan payment at the end of March and last week I got a $1165 CO and $140 CA deleted. I also opened a new CC account in February and made my first payment on March 29th that is not yet showing up. My report and score are the same with all these changes. I have read on here that people with Scorewatch get updates daily. Shouldn't my score have changed in one way or another by this point? Maybe I am too anxious but I am sooo curious to see how removing those baddies affected my score.

Guest BucFan

I too had the same issue. I decided to sign up with EQ's alert service and still have the same issues.

Maybe it's just the nature of the beast???

Not all creditors report to all 3 CRAs. Any of the "pay us, and we'll watch the others" CRA programs only look at the "others" periodically...maybe once every other month. You scores (which are FAKO's to begin with) only change if something happens on the report they watch, or if they happen to update the others. Your mileage may vary depending on your particular mix of who you owe money to.

So, this is just another Credit Reporting Agency Professional Operators Legal Association ploy to play on the induced paranoia of the american public and to separate debtors from their money.

Guest BucFan

So, this is just another Credit Reporting Agency Professional Operators Legal Association ploy to play on the induced paranoia of the american public and to separate debtors from their money.

BWAHAHAHAAA!!! :ROFLMAO2:

I purchased Scorewatch the middle of last month and on March 28th it alerted me of a score change, but has not done anything since then. I know it should have updated by now because I have had a loan payment at the end of March and last week I got a $1165 CO and $140 CA deleted. I also opened a new CC account in February and made my first payment on March 29th that is not yet showing up. My report and score are the same with all these changes. I have read on here that people with Scorewatch get updates daily. Shouldn't my score have changed in one way or another by this point? Maybe I am too anxious but I am sooo curious to see how removing those baddies affected my score.

Ok, you're thinking that Scorewatch will do updates and alert you to any slight change on your CR but that isn't true. Just making a payment on an account won't trigger an alert. How old were the CO and CA accounts? If they were a few years old, getting them deleted may not have triggered a score change. If they were recent as in the last 2 years, they would have triggered a change. Also, if a new account isn't reporting yet to EQ, you won't trigger a change on your report.

I have Scorewatch and can tell you that it is working as it should be as far as I know. Some items that trigger alerts and possible score changes, inquiries, new accounts, accounts reaching 6 months age, 12 months, major delinquencies being removed in the last 2 years, utilization changes 0-30% (over will drop score, under will raise score), high limit changes, over the limit, etc. Unless you somehow fall under one of the categories, you won't get an alert. Try using some of the Fico simulators, they can give you an idea of how much your Fico is affected by changing different factors over time.

As I said, not all creditors report to all CRAs. Scorewatch only monitor Equifax. The fine print specifically says "Scorewatch is not available for Experian or TransUnion".

The terms & conditions specifically state "Email alerts sent out upon detection of certain changes". It monitors daily changes, but doesn't neccesarily send you an email.

CRAPOLA....

As I said, not all creditors report to all CRAs. Scorewatch only monitor Equifax. The fine print specifically says "Scorewatch is not available for Experian or TransUnion".

The terms & conditions specifically state "Email alerts sent out upon detection of certain changes". It monitors daily changes, but doesn't neccesarily send you an email.

CRAPOLA....

Again, to clarify, my EQ Scorewatch is not notifying me when actual, confirmed changes have been made to my EQ report.

I used to get alerts all the time. If an account was disputed - alert. If an account balance went up 5% or more - alert. If an account was added - alert.

In the past three weeks, I have had a new account added to my EQ report, a few balances go up way more than 5%, per my EQ report, as well as a status change, per my EQ report.

I've received no alerts, email or otherwise, and I absolutely, 100% should have for each and every one of those occurances. Something is off.

Well, I got an alert today, April 11. When I log in, the alert is for April 4. I've logged into my account since then and there was nothing, so it really didn't post until today, when I was notified.

Something is definitely wrong.

Now are you using score watch through EQ or through MyFico? The one with MyFico is behind by almost a month while the EQ Scorewatch is up to date. Although since the upgrade, I'm not able to receive text notifications on my phone anymore.

I just received a new alert today that was dated the 13th. My score went up 29 points!!!! Yippy! Back in the 600 club!xdancex HSBC cc account was just added and a $1165 CO that had 233% :( utilization just deleted!!!