andknapp

Payment history gone, good or bad?

Ok, Transunion is all messed up and now won't even let me pull a Fico score. I pulled my report directly from Transunion and now my payment history is really short. I 've had my Discover card for over 4 years now, and it's only showing 9 months worth of history.

The plus side is that all of my late payments are now gone though. My question is, do I let them know and take the shorter, perfect payment history, or get my history back along with the 12 lates that are with it?

No, no bumping. I've been banned from monitoring from Transunion, just bought a single report. Nothing else is different. All of my accounts are still there, however, some of the payment histories are gone, that's all.

12 lates is a lot for four years...

I typically don't advocate deleting history because people more often than not lose more than what they are gaining. However, maybe you are better off having it gone...

But here is a BIGGER question. Are you prepared to go forth and sin no more???

Has you situation been rectified so that you will not have any more lates for the future (like in forever)?

I gotta say, TU is probably the crappiest of the three at timeliness of reporting. I know my CC companies report to all three at the same time and TU takes forever to note my accounts. Unless it's negative, then BANG! Updated at light speed.