Debt with Wachovia

laconic1981

I had an account with Wachovia. They sold the debt to any attorneys office for collection. However, Wachovia never sent me a letter trying to resolve with me first. Also the Attorney office has not sent me a letter regarding this account. My addresses are listed on my credit report.

Can I dispute with Wachovia or What can be done?

Guest BucFan

Upon pulling my 2 in 1 report through EQ, I found two TLs from RJM ACQ. The OC listed was Wachovia.

I had 2 checking accounts with Wachovia several years back, always had my accounts in good standing, and only closed them in favor of a local bank with better hours.

I never got a call or squat from Wachovia or RJM.

So this left me scratching my head. I disputed, they verified. I called Wachovia, they said it was sold to RJM.

So now I'm asking for an investigation from RJM.

Upon pulling my 2 in 1 report through EQ, I found two TLs from RJM ACQ. The OC listed was Wachovia.

I had 2 checking accounts with Wachovia several years back, always had my accounts in good standing, and only closed them in favor of a local bank with better hours.

I never got a call or squat from Wachovia or RJM.

So this left me scratching my head. I disputed, they verified. I called Wachovia, they said it was sold to RJM.

So now I'm asking for an investigation from RJM.

All- What was said above Sounds exactly what happened to me.. RJM has my debt also. Wachovia is still reporting on this at the same time as RJM. Can I get legal on them?

Neither Wachovia or RJM sent me a letter. What can I do?

All- What was said above Sounds exactly what happened to me.. RJM has my debt also. Wachovia is still reporting on this at the same time as RJM. Can I get legal on them?

I'm quite new here, but I don't think Wachovia HAS to try to resolve anything with you. Seems like they charged the debt off and probably sold it to RJM. If that's true, the Wachovia reporting on your CR should have a balance of $0. Also, if Wachovia won't work with you on it, you'll have to try to work with RJM.

I'm quite new here, but I don't think Wachovia HAS to try to resolve anything with you. Seems like they charged the debt off and probably sold it to RJM. If that's true, the Wachovia reporting on your CR should have a balance of $0. Also, if Wachovia won't work with you on it, you'll have to try to work with RJM.

Quite new, but also quite correct.

There is no law saying an OC "is required" to work with you. They can sue you anytime you're in default of your agreemnet/contract with them. And there's nothing wrong with RJM just sitting there doing nothing. Is there a TL associated with RJM, or just an inquiry?

Guest BucFan

Well, for me RJM is reporting 2 neg accounts in connection with Wachovia.

I sent RJM a letter requesting an investigation on the 2 TLs. We'll see how they handle it...

Guest BucFan

100% correct.

After I called Wachovia and they told me the 'debt' was sold to RJM, I went straight to them. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) they are completely incompetent!

Anyhow, laconic... I'll update you on how RJM handles this, if you'd like. They should be signing for the letter in a few days.

Quite new, but also quite correct.

There is no law saying an OC "is required" to work with you. They can sue you anytime you're in default of your agreemnet/contract with them. And there's nothing wrong with RJM just sitting there doing nothing. Is there a TL associated with RJM, or just an inquiry?

Yes there is a TL for RJM but there is also a TL for Wachovia. I thought it was illegal for two entitys to report on the same debt.

And yes there is something wrong with RJM just sitting there doing nothing. Its aginst the law for them to not notify me and they didin't.

100% correct.

After I called Wachovia and they told me the 'debt' was sold to RJM, I went straight to them. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) they are completely incompetent!

Anyhow, laconic... I'll update you on how RJM handles this, if you'd like. They should be signing for the letter in a few days.

Ok sounds good - I am going to hire an attorney because I blieve it is illegal for them to notify me which they have not. All of my addresses listed on my credit report are correct.

Yes there is a TL for RJM but there is also a TL for Wachovia. I thought it was illegal for two entitys to report on the same debt.

And yes there is something wrong with RJM just sitting there doing nothing. Its aginst the law for them to not notify me and they didin't.

Nope, not illegal for the OC and a CA to both be on your report (so long as the OC shows a 0 balance/paid/transferred/sold... etc).

"...notify me..."

OK let me rephrase - it's against the law for them not to notify you, yes. But it's incredibly hard for you to prove you've never got the letter. All they have to prove is they have reasonable procedures in place to send the letter, that's it.

Guest BucFan
Ok sounds good - I am going to hire an attorney because I blieve it is illegal for them to notify me which they have not. All of my addresses listed on my credit report are correct.

Nothing wrong with talking to an attorney. I, personally, wouldn't hire one.

But...To each their own.

All they have to prove is they have reasonable procedures in place to send the letter, that's it.

Tis' true.

What I did was make a complaint with them (in writing) that they did NOT attempt to contact me prior to the neg TLs.

I'm hoping they admit to it in their return letter. Doubtful that they'd be so stupid, but it would be cool.

Does Wachovia's TL have $0 balance?

Guest BucFan
To the OP: Send me a private message I will email you a copy of the letter that I just sent to RJM this week.

When it came to Wachovia, they reported that I had a charged off checking in 2007, but I had a copy of the original document that shows I opened the acct in 2005. I disputed it will all 3 CRAs on this basis. It got deleted from ALL 3. That is the TL for WACHOVIA did.

So the moral if the store? Look at the acct opening date on it, and then think about when you originally opened the checking acct., It may not work for you, but worked for me. It is worth a try. I disputed it this way online with TU & EX. I called CSC for Equifax and disputed it over the phone with them.

As for RJM: About a month later, they showed up on TU & EX, but they did not report to Equifax, just the other 2.

For others: Does anyone know if they report to Equifax, or just the other two?

I disputed RJM as unauthorized and within a week they "verified" it. RJM is quick to the draw, but I never received ANYTHING from them in writing, phone call or anything.

I think this letter I send them should get their attention. So far they have ignored the DV I sent them.

In this last letter I sent them, I reminded them that I am under Texas law.

If you have any additional questions about this, I will respond if I know about it.

I started a thread about RJM:

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284512

They did not report to EQ for me either. But they did "verify" in record time. I think it took them all of 3 days. Total BS!

Never anything in writing, nothing by phone, nothing at all.

BTW, Being that they bought the debt, I'm pretty sure that they are bound by the same laws (or similar) as the OC. So, I demanded an investigation from them...

They seem like some pretty shady @ssholes. At first, I just wanted the crap off of my reports, but now... the more I hear about 'em, I'd almost like to sue the **** out of the lousy crooks.

yes it is, but that's not your situation. If the OC has 0 balance, and paid/transferred/closed/whatever, then it's OK. If you're using a tri-merge such as CIP or TC, you'll need a real report to see the /paid/transferred/sold notation, to be sure it's on there. Sometimes it won't merge over like it should.

yes it is, but that's not your situation. If the OC has 0 balance, and paid/transferred/closed/whatever, then it's OK. If you're using a tri-merge such as CIP or TC, you'll need a real report to see the /paid/transferred/sold notation, to be sure it's on there. Sometimes it won't merge over like it should.

Note: He is right. I have seen to little differences in the merged report for truecredit. I would look at them separately to make sure of what is really on them before you do anything.

There will be nothing more embarrassing if you walk into court with credit reports that were not correct themselves.