Nissan Credit Info FYI & THANKS!

My fiancee' and I recently were interested in a new Altima. The interest rates they have on some of these cars is really good. We drove pretty much every asian make out there and found the Nissan to be far superior in every way, and the price was as good or better than most that could close to comparing.

For what it's worth, she recently had a foreclosure from a previous relationship, were she believed the ex had full control over the loan of a timeshare. It was posted to her rather exceptional credit report 1 year ago almost to the date.

We were worried she wouldn't get the credit at all let alone the 3.9% financing.

After coming in here, we decided it folly to put me on the loan for various reason of which are of course my credit.

Surprisingly, the finance guy said that her score was in the top 1% of the population.???????

Now, I didn't ask what CB they pulled from because there was much talking with everyone in the room and I needed to ensure we weren't getting boxed into something that she would quickly dismiss and sign (which they did try to do with a padded warranty that I had them remove).

When we pulled her FICO, it came up at 690 for Experian. Now I don't know what the others were as we pulled the free trial from Myfico, however when I looked at her credit reports, they were pretty much identical. The experian showed a slightly higher debt level than she was really at.

So for those of you wondering if that will be good enough to get you credit at Nissan - there's your answer. :)

They said she could have gotten a very good lease also with a special unadvertised rate if she wanted, but due to the mileage and the love of the vehicle in which she has no plans on getting rid of the car in 3 years, the purchase went through will little pain.

Anyway just wanted to say thanks to those on here helped us out with some information.

Funny. The very car we wanted we passed on initially because we thought we had a better deal elsewhere. I called the next day and found out they had 2 other people interested. I had a good relationship with the management of this dealer so trusted him. He said he would honor the hold on the car until we decided the next day but after that, would have to let it be sold to someone else. Pretty highly sought after car. He called me 2 days later because we just couldn't decide and said that the two people that stated they had excellent credit, didn't pass for the 3.9 and walked out mad. Wanted to know if I would be interested in taking the car for a little more off. We decided at that point it was a go and after running the credit, the finance guy said 'geesh, you guys said your credit was possibly screwed up and got the deal, the other two said their credit was great and didn't pass'.

Goes to show you how little people understand financing, credit scores, etc.

Just happy I found the credit info center. :)

• Like 1

lucky bast_rd. I have been in love with the Altima ever since 2006, when I rented one when I went down to Texas. That's my dream car - I even have a pic of it inside my current ride - 97 Pontiac G-Am. One of these days I'll get me my Altima as well.

Which one did ya get? 3.5SE? Post a pic!

. That's my dream car - I even have a pic of it inside my current ride - 97 Pontiac G-Am. One of these days I'll get me my Altima as well.

Wow Amerikaner thats pretty sad. 8-)

I hope he doesn't post a picture I wouldn't want to see you cry or something worse.:roll:

lucky bast_rd. I have been in love with the Altima ever since 2006, when I rented one when I went down to Texas. That's my dream car - I even have a pic of it inside my current ride - 97 Pontiac G-Am. One of these days I'll get me my Altima as well.

Which one did ya get? 3.5SE? Post a pic!

My upstairs neighbor has a late model Altima (3.5 SE I believe...I like those cars too...they are pretty much on par with the Maximas now). I dunno if you'll care for the color but it's Maroonish. Didn't strike me as a color I'd care for. (Black....black all the way). :D

Hypersloth, congrats!

I'm getting a Titan here very soon. Only problem is that the dealer just started selling Nissans last week so they're not fully setup in Nissan's sytem yet so it's taking a little longer than usual. They bought the original Nissan dealer and moved their Hyundai dealership in with the Nissan's. Altima's do look nice. Guy I work with has a black one.

My upstairs neighbor has a late model Altima (3.5 SE I believe...I like those cars too...they are pretty much on par with the Maximas now). I dunno if you'll care for the color but it's Maroonish. Didn't strike me as a color I'd care for. (Black....black all the way). :D

Hypersloth, congrats!

I strongly approve of any shade of red, including maroon. In fact that's the color of my hooptie and the car that was my next best car after the hooptie (in long life and miles). I've had a lot of good luck with red cars.

I strongly approve of any shade of red, including maroon. In fact that's the color of my hooptie and the car that was my next best car after the hooptie (in long life and miles). I've had a lot of good luck with red cars.

I love red. It's the color of power, authority and love. It just didn't look right on that car for some reason.

I just prefer black. I've been reading the reviews on the Altima and it is really doing a number on the Maxima. For the price, style, handling, etc, you really can't go wrong. And that's when you get max out on your options.....

I'm getting a Titan here very soon. Only problem is that the dealer just started selling Nissans last week so they're not fully setup in Nissan's sytem yet so it's taking a little longer than usual. They bought the original Nissan dealer and moved their Hyundai dealership in with the Nissan's. Altima's do look nice. Guy I work with has a black one.

My friend bought a 07 Titan last year...it's got 30K miles on it now and he is looking to get rid of it because of gas mileage is killing him. He went to the local dealer and they were selling his same exact truck 2008 model for $23K. He still owes $25K on his with 30K miles.

Good luck with the purchase, but just watch out for that gas mileage.

Yeh the gas mileage is crap, but I'm already paying big bucks with my Tahoe that's only getting if I'm lucky 12mpg. Anyways the payment they apporved me for was way way way too high so I walked away with plans to come back in a few months to a year when I have a bigger down payment saved up. Was gonna be a Red Brawn Titan(maroonish color). Maybe by that time I'll just order one through the dealer from the factory exactly the way I want it.