CA pulled credit without notifying me about debt >

pierss08

Question - a CA pulled my credit AND THEN called me a week later to tell me they were trying to collect a debt from a college I attended for two weeks before withdrawing from classes.

This was like 5 years ago and my son was born and it just got to be too much so I withdrew from school after realizing it was too much for us (wife and I) to be doing at one time!! :)

The debt is only for 1k - so, I DV'd .... sound right so far? College is still the OC on the debt.

CAs will often pull your credit to see if you are worth going after for the $$. They have a right to do it.

-r

I may be wrong about this but while I suspect that this CA probably does have the right to pulll, doesn't their right only exist if the original creditor had that right and can, therefore, extend that right to the CA?