New Credit Journey

luckie1

Hello everyone-

I hope all is well. This is my first post to any forum, so bare with me. I just recently started working on my CR, due to the fact that I want to purchase me a vehicle.

I had excellent credit once before, but it took a severe nose dive a couple of years back due to loss of job. I'm back now. I recently did online disputes with all three CRA. TU and EQ were done at the same time on 3/11/08 and EX on 3/28.

I recently received EQ back on 4/12/08 and to my surpise I had all my inquires (62) removed and 14 of my 24 negative accounts removed. This lowered my FICO score. What did I do wrong?

FAKO SCORES

3/11/08-TU-484

3/11/08-EX-499

3/11/08-EQ-495

FICO

4/12/08-EQ-404

If you had old negative listings removed, it decreases the average age of your accounts...that could be one of the reasons....sometimes, it's better to leave an old negative on your report than to remove it, as after two years, potential creditors don't weigh those so heavily...but removing them can make you look less experienced with debt over all...Beyond that, I couldn't tell ya!

Hello and Welcome!!! :)++

Good job getting those INQs and TLs off your EQ report! That's a wonderful first salvo!! Do you have new, positive credit in place since your job loss yet? If not, there are a few things you can do to help out: CJ (crown jewelers.com - no credit check, 1500 CL:p) and a secured card (BofA. USBank.Orchard) can help as well. Remember - you not only have to FIX the old, but BUILD the new as well!

Read up on the stickies in each of the forums, especially thise:

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276514

http://debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247970

Once again - welcome!

Thanks for the info on rebuilding. I received my TU file back on 4/12 and was pretty pleased with the results. I went from having 32 bad accts all the way down to 11 accts.

I originally disputed 21 accts on that CR and 16 got deleted. I will be sending out more letters by weeks end to continue the process. I also applied for the CJ card and got it and I also applied for a Access Visa, it comes with alot of upfront fees billed, but the main thing is it reports to all 3 CRA.

I just did another online dispute with TU over the 9 accounts that I didn't do in the first dispute back on 3/18/08. I disputed the 11 inquires this time also.

I will DV Midland Credit this weekend. Can anyone tell me if they are licensed/bonded to collect in the state of Flordia?

The original debt happened in Arkansas back in the late 90's, maybe 2000. They list the date of 5/30/2007 is this reaging, is this illegal? What can be done about this? The OC is not even listed on the CR. I'm almost sure the SOL is gone on this debt. I would like to hit them with a DV/SOL combined letter to get these MF's off my back.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The original debt happened in Arkansas back in the late 90's, maybe 2000. They list the date of 5/30/2007 is this reaging, is this illegal? What can be done about this? The OC is not even listed on the CR. I'm almost sure the SOL is gone on this debt. I would like to hit them with a DV/SOL combined letter to get these MF's off my back. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm assuming that their 5/30/07 date is the date last reported or date of last activity...And not your DOFD. Therefore, no re-aging if that's the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning-

I just received my online dispute back from Experian and I can say it is horrible. I disputed all 12 accts listed on the report only 3 was deleted.

I only have 5 inquires and not one was removed. I will not let EX get the best of me.

On all my CR they most consist of old student loans. What should I do to get this under control. They already offset my income taxes this year.

Also my child support is current, they say I'm past due. I disputed with the CRA to correct this and it keeps coming back info verified. How can I get this corrected?

I have documents from Child support that supports my claim that this is account is current and never past due. If I have documentation will the CRA update this automatically or will I have to go through this process again with Child Support?

Any good suggestions is always welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my 2nd investigation with TU and accts keep falling off. I disputed 10 accts, 10 inqs on 4/18 and received the results 5/9, all this has been done online I will add.

Out of the 10 accts disputed 6 are gone and all the inqs are gone. This leaves me with 4 adverse accts. Child Support continues to not want to update-WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THIS?

My student loans I will consolidate before the month is out, waiting on my pin # to see what is actually owed, should be around $5000-6000. One colllection I have for about $324 I will DV and if all fails offer PFD in the next upcoming month.

EX is another creature. This is what's been done so far. Did BBB for Midland Credit and soon with AFNI. Just received in the mail from AFNI a cell phone bill dated $369.26 dated May 13, 2004 never had a Alltel acct. AFNI want to charge another $330 TO collect(bull****) I will take my time to work on this CR, because I stay in Florida and they ususally pull EQ or TU. Get back to this at a later date.

EQ is the same as TU same results. I will wait on access visa to report before I start pulling scores.