SOL in Ohio on Credit cards

shadokeeper

After doing some research I have found that the SOL in Ohio for credit cards is 4 years can anyone verify that? (listed below is what I found)

Open Account (credit cards) 4 years

Written Contract: 15 year

Domestic Judgment: 21 years (renewable)

Foreign Judgment: 21 years (renewable

Ok i called the AG office and they say it is 6 to 15 years wow I need to move to Texas!

Yah I'm not sure how they got six years.

Yes Texas has good consumer protection laws and a four year SOL compared to other states. Although DC, MS and SC only have three year SOL.

I called the Ohio Ag office and asked about the SOL on debt collection the person i spoke to stated that toe SOL in Ohio for collections was 6 to 15 years depending on the debt. I did not delve further.

I read the the SOL for open accounts in the state of Ohio is 4 years and the "definition" of open account that i found is a "Credit Card" account with no defined end terms. I also read that Ohio does not recognize "open" accounts, That is why I contacted the AG's office so i am still confused lol. It would be cool if it was 4 years on cc debt.