tysonbodavis

calvary portfolio services and sprint pcs

has anyone had any luck getting a calvary portfolio services acct/sprint pcs account deleted by harrassing or PFD?

I'm not a harasser - unless I have reason to be...If there's inaccurate reporting, I'll send out letters until I'm blue in the face. My success with Sprint was due to that reason... ;)

:goodluck:

I have one that shows as a few years old and haven't even been able to get them to respond to DVs yet. I've never seen anything from them, it's just kinda hangin there on the major three.

if it's worth it for you to spend a few bucks to get it off, pm and I'll give you my attorney's info. He's the arch nemesis of Cavalry and just the mention of his name will have them removing their TL and enq's in a heartbeat.

has anyone had any luck getting a calvary portfolio services acct/sprint pcs account deleted by harrassing or PFD?

I am dealing with this right now for a $92.00 debt. I sent a DV letter for which Calvary did not respond. I sent a PFD offering to pay for a debt that I am not even sure belongs to me and one that could not be verified. I never received a response. What is wrong with these people. Do they want the money or not?

I will not pay for a debt that I am not even sure is mine without a written promise for a PFD.

Out of frustration, I filed a complaint with the BBB. I am waiting for a response.

OP you live in TX. The Texas Finance Code requires a CA to give you a response when you DV them within 30 days. Write them a DV letter. If they fail to respond, then file complaints with the TX AG Greg Abbott and the BBB. Also look into filing a complaint with the ACA International.

I am dealing with this right now for a $92.00 debt. I sent a DV letter for which Calvary did not respond. I sent a PFD offering to pay for a debt that I am not even sure belongs to me and one that could not be verified. I never received a response. What is wrong with these people. Do they want the money or not?

I will not pay for a debt that I am not even sure is mine without a written promise for a PFD.

Out of frustration, I filed a complaint with the BBB. I am waiting for a response.

lol exactly, that what's happening to me. I've just sent them a second DV...no response. And, Ive send them about 4 settlement offers, all for PFD,but they dont "delete," so they said. I have reported them to Washington State AG and we shall see the outcome: hope they will fold like Asset quickly.

hey, I dont know if this will help or not, but I too had a delinquent account with sprint some time ago and a following encounter with Cavalry portfolio. This was prior to me finding this site, of course so I didn't validate, etc it. The collectors called and I settled for about 60% of what was owed. COme to find out that paid collections are worse than unpaid to delete...supposedly. I put in a written dispute about 30 days after I paid it, and all the bureaus removed it. tl;dr Cavalry didnt confirm when i disputed. It has never came back since. Oh and they refused to negotiate a PFD, even at face collection amount. The chick told me though that they most likely would not verify though after I paid.

hey, I dont know if this will help or not, but I too had a delinquent account with sprint some time ago and a following encounter with Cavalry portfolio. This was prior to me finding this site, of course so I didn't validate, etc it. The collectors called and I settled for about 60% of what was owed. COme to find out that paid collections are worse than unpaid to delete...supposedly. I put in a written dispute about 30 days after I paid it, and all the bureaus removed it. tl;dr Cavalry didnt confirm when i disputed. It has never came back since. Oh and they refused to negotiate a PFD, even at face collection amount. The chick told me though that they most likely would not verify though after I paid.

I see. They send me a settlement offer, 40% less than the alleged amount...it's only 322. I am thinking about taking the chance, in a hope, that they wont bother to verify after they get paid. PFD is almost impossible with this guys. I actually, when I kept bothering them (i.e, faxing them everyday to get them to do PFD), they got tired of that, that they started playing games by hitting me with a hard pull inquiry from TU. Now, i am trying to make up my mind, whether I should take the 40% offer. But, before that, I am waiting to the Washington State AG...hoping they will fold like Asset Acceptance.

My husb has a collection agency that has been calling him called Cavalry Portfolio Services in HAWTHORNE NY. It's for an old SprintPCS bill for $669. When he spoke to them they offered him a settlement of 50% making it $334.50 and once paid they would report to the credit bureaus - "SETTLED FOR A LESSER AMT". He started to take the offer b/c he just wants to have it over and done with, but I stopped him. I remember reading before that a "settled" is just as bad as an unpaid collection, so why would he do that? I got on the phone and spoke to the lady and told her we would accept the settlement only if they report - "pays as agreed/paid" and also remove all late pymt or late references from the acct as well - ALL OF THIS OF COURSE IN WRITING FROM THEM. She said they would send a settlement letter and it would state that they would report it as "SETTLED FOR A LESSER AMT". I told her there was no offer then, and she put me on hold to "see what she can do". A guy ended up getting on the phone and said he was a "collections supv" and told me they cant report what isnt true (thats a joke) if the full amt isnt being paid. He said they are obligated to tell the credit bureau that it was "SETTLED FOR LESSER AMT" unless the full amt IS paid in full. I again told him there was no offer, so then he had the nerve to demand to speak to my husb b/c I was being "difficult" and b/c this was my husb acct. I told him my husb had just given the prev rep verbal auth to speak with me, but he still wanted to speak to him, so I put my husb back on the phone and of course I got on the other phone he began telling my husb that he wanted to speak with him b/c he felt that we were making a big mistake b/c this would stay on his credit until 2012 and since my husb seemed like the calm one he wanted to speak with him to let him know this. he went on to tell him that if he paid the 50% they would report it as "SETTLED FOR A LESSER AMT" and it would be over and done with and no one would question anything else and again how he cant report anything other than "SETTLED FOR A LESSER AMT".

What do you think? Was I at least halfway right with my info? Should we pay the 50% and have it reported as "SETTLED FOR LESSER AMT"? I have also put the accts info below as it shows on my husb credit report and its on all three and we have disputed this a couple of times also - the last time in 2007.

date reported - 5/2008 date assigned - 3/2007 date 1st delinq - 1/2005 bal date - 5/2008 last pymt date - n/a status date - 5/2008 status - unpaid

also i noticed on my husb credit report this collection agency is listd under "regular inquiries" as having recd a copy of his credit report and also under "inqiry analysis" as having updated his name and address (i guess now that they know since he spoke to them). what i want to know is when it says they got a copy of his report, do they get a full report like when the consumer orders their own report or do they just get info on their own acct? HOW CAN THEY ORDER A COPY OF HIS CREDIT REPORT W/O MY HUSB CONSENT?