CollectCorp skip tracing bottom feeder ...

NYMatt

Got a call from them today and a relative took it.They said they would be calling all the people with my last name , which isn't very common.I was so pissed off I called them back and told them to piss off and to be looking for my DV letter in the mail.:)

Turns out they called my Sister , who's married and has a different last name.

I wonder how the heck they got her number ? She was pissed they called her and my BIL says I gave them the number !:!:

Well ya' did exactly what they wanted.

-r

Maybe so but they didn't accomplish anything. I'll just make sure I give extra effort to have more fun with them now.

Besides , I had already spoken to this particular moron about a week ago and told him to keep on the lookout for my DV letter.

Hey NYMatt

I'm dealing with the same people. If your bottom feeders are out of the Pheonix office, maybe we should compare notes! I DV'd them a few days ago. Today was the first day my phone hasn't rung. I haven't gotten my green card back yet, but I'm thinking it's been delivered! The silent phone today was so sweeeeettttttttttt!!!!!

Collectcorp is bad news. They will call everyone they think you have any contact with. They will call relatives, neighbors, coworkers. You need to remember that they are only permitted to call third parties to get contact info for you. If they already have contacted you and know where you are, these third party calls are actionable. Keep detailed records. Sue them. The third party calls are just the beginning. It gets better...I mean their violations become much more flagrant and even bizarre.

You are connected to all of your relatives in databases, especially your immediate family. The collector can get all of that info in less than a minute, including the phone numbers for all of your neighbors.

Hey NYMatt

I'm dealing with the same people. If your bottom feeders are out of the Pheonix office, maybe we should compare notes! I DV'd them a few days ago. Today was the first day my phone hasn't rung. I haven't gotten my green card back yet, but I'm thinking it's been delivered! The silent phone today was so sweeeeettttttttttt!!!!!

I have to check and see what office they're out of.the guy that calls me has an english accent and sounds like the Geico gecko.

This kind of activity just makes me sick.

Did they call your sister after they talked to you?

This moron collector called my sister before talking to me on that particular day.I had spoken to the collector about a week ago.This guy is just trying to prove he's a bad a$$ so I'm messing with him sooo bad.I tell him to piss off and he gets soooo mad when I tell him to be looking for my DV letter. 8-)

Collectcorp is bad news. They will call everyone they think you have any contact with. They will call relatives, neighbors, coworkers. You need to remember that they are only permitted to call third parties to get contact info for you. If they already have contacted you and know where you are, these third party calls are actionable. Keep detailed records. Sue them. The third party calls are just the beginning. It gets better...I mean their violations become much more flagrant and even bizarre.

You are connected to all of your relatives in databases, especially your immediate family. The collector can get all of that info in less than a minute, including the phone numbers for all of your neighbors.

The next time this bozo calls I'm going to inform him about his calling other people is a violation being that he already knows my contact info.

I'm also going to ask him if he's in this country legally , in view of his english accent.:lol:

Data Bases

It's too easy for them to find stuff. . I signed on to people finders last week to help locate missing class members for a reunion. Even with the basics, which is what I signed up for, you get names and names of possible relatives and possible roomates. And...depending which state you are searching there are certain public records also available. (without paying for more info)

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Even though it was darned handy for me in locating people.

I was shocked at what's available out there for a mere 99 bucks a year........just think if they have a REAL data base to tap into :evil::evil::evil:.

• Like 1

I believe, that if your rights are violated and you are still within the SOL, then that shouldn't stop you from making complaints to the AG or BBB about them. However, doing what you are doing, might cause you more trouble and I just want you to be aware of that.

I believe, that if your rights are violated and you are still within the SOL, then that shouldn't stop you from making complaints to the AG or BBB about them. However, doing what you are doing, might cause you more trouble and I just want you to be aware of that.

Whatever happens due to my comments , so be it. I'm not going to listen to this moron telling me my request for DV is just a " tactic " to avoid paying a bill .

You never want to make it personal. It's best to remain on point and professional. If you really want to get back at him/them, collect violations and sue. Keep in mind that they are likely recording phone calls too.

As far as familial links in databases go:

I once applied for credit online and was asked as a security question, to prove I was who I claimed to be, to identify the state and county where my brother owns property.

I'm also going to ask him if he's in this country legally , in view of his english accent.:lol:

Ask him if he'd like a spot of tea and crumpets to go with that sound you'd like him to pound. Then decry the state of the American collection industry that needs to import chavs to do their dirty work.

You never want to make it personal. It's best to remain on point and professional. If you really want to get back at him/them, collect violations and sue. Keep in mind that they are likely recording phone calls too.

As far as familial links in databases go:

I once applied for credit online and was asked as a security question, to prove I was who I claimed to be, to identify the state and county where my brother owns property.

When I applied for Circuit City, they asked me a question about my Ex SIL by her maiden name she hadn't used in 20+ years. I think they were using Lexis/Nexis but not sure how they made that connection.