Wow I'm still thrilled when I buy one.

whocares

I bought something this week that I have not purchased in a long time...O was thrilled and excited to get home and use....

Wonder what it is....Ya'll are thinking the wrong thing.

I bought a new Josh Turner cd...I have not purchased a cd in a long time...I'm enjoying hearing his songs I have not heard before. And 3 good songs...I like it...

Josh Turner is pretty good. Squeaker likes him but I don't. It's freaking UNNATURAL for a guy who looks like that to have such a deep voice.

I prefer Sugarland, need to pick up their albums... I got the "new" Untimae Garth brooks collection - 2 CDs and a DVD for christmas form my SS at work....damn it's great!!!

I can give some great reasons for having a cd instead of downloading and burning..it takes time..you don't get the nice book of songs and pictures with it...and besides I hate having to wade thru 1000 songs just to hear the ones I want.

Oh yes the main thing is supporting singer. I do not believe in file sharing.

Musical works for new artists within 3 to 5 albums are 'works for hire' in which the record company owns the material and receives profits. The artist is given an advance and generous expenses and predominantly profit from concerts and appearances including product endorsements.

Only a few with longevity such as Aerosmith and Metallica (of anti-p2p fame) own their works and stand to lose anything, and even then only on more recent works after their fame has long since peeked.

Any losses themselves are abstract, I would never buy 100,000 cd's, I just wouldn't have access at all. I'll probably never hear every song I have in my collection or even half. At most I had bought 3 cd's a year prior to p2p, so that would be the largest figure possible.

I accidentally went into her VIP tent and was shocked when she came in. The security guards weren't too happy with me but she was cool and let me stay and we talked for a while until she had to get back on stage.

Stupid me I never asked for an autograph or picture and I had my camera with me.