Is it wrong to be.....

Focus2069

sadistically sarcastic in your letters to CA's?

For example...you finally get rid of one CA, only to have the file sold to another CA who sends you a letter that "welcomes you as a new customer". In a DV letter to the new CA...is it wrong to say something along the lines of:

Congratulations on your new (worthless) purchase of my account! If the prior owner failed to tell you that this purchase is a complete waste of your companies time and money, then I welcome you!! Now validate this debt..blahblah blah.

Would a judge frown on this if it ever got that far?

When I was fighting with my OC over my repo when I first started this credit repair task...I kinda got a little lippy with them. I ended up sending copies of that letter to the BBB and the AG and wished I hadn't let my anger get to me. Ultimately, I got the delete.

advised me that no. 1, legal comms are more effective if they're brief, factual and unsarcastic. And no. 2 he told me if they wern't, it would be more difficult for him to establish our credibility in front of a judge.

He encouraged me to express my feelings iin the letters though. In a concise and reasonable manner.

FWIW, we won.

I like to insert language that they use in their letters. For example: When things escalate and they've been ignoring my DV requests, I like to end with "Please give this matter the immediate attention it deserves" -- sometimes all in caps. And I always address my letters to exactly how the dunning letter was signed: "Dear Collection Enforcement Officer" because sometimes (although my example isn't a great one...I can't think of one) those "titles" they give themselves are kind of funny.

But I agree with the rest, I stay professional and neutral other than that.