Oxford Management Services

lovelydria

Hello, I have recieved a collection letter from Oxford Management Services, for a default student loan. This is my first letter so that means it is timely. Than ran my credit on 04-14-08, and 04-10-08. So I was expecting to recieve a letter form them soon.. so bamb!! a letter from them today. I guess I would like to know from the pros whats the best way to handle this... follow me if I am correct

1. DV them...

2. Wait.

Ok, I would like to know can I send them a cease and desit letter since this letter is timley.. I don't want to deal with them. I only want to deal with Salle Mae on this debt. so any ideals I would gladly thank you.... Thanks CIC Family

Question...

Why exactly are you going about the DV process with your student loans? If you went to school and incurred these debts, I don't understand how the DV process would be at all beneficial to you. I'm assuming that you haven't negotiated any type of payment arrangements with Sallie Mae, correct?

I would think that would be your first step. The student loan arena tends to be a bit different than everything else, which is why these forums have an entire thread dedicated to them...

But if you went to school, if you legitimately owe these debts and they're not being reported incorrectly, the DV process seems to be a complete and utter waste of your time. Just my two cents. ;)

Question...

Why exactly are you going about the DV process with your student loans? If you went to school and incurred these debts, I don't understand how the DV process would be at all beneficial to you. I'm assuming that you haven't negotiated any type of payment arrangements with Sallie Mae, correct?

I would think that would be your first step. The student loan arena tends to be a bit different than everything else, which is why these forums have an entire thread dedicated to them...

But if you went to school, if you legitimately owe these debts and they're not being reported incorrectly, the DV process seems to be a complete and utter waste of your time. Just my two cents. ;)

True I never gave it a thought that it was a student loan.

I still say talk to Sally Mae and get some kind of arrangement set up.

I will DV Oxford and I will call salle mae tomorrow

May I ask again...Why are you DV'ing this CA? If you're going to setup payment arrangements with Sallie Mae on your defaulted loans, why are you wasting your time and/or money going through the DV process on accounts that are a) reporting correctly and B) legitimately yours?

I don't see much leverage that the DV process will give you here, except for potentially raise some eyebrows.

May I ask again...Why are you DV'ing this CA? If you're going to setup payment arrangements with Sallie Mae on your defaulted loans, why are you wasting your time and/or money going through the DV process on accounts that are a) reporting correctly and B) legitimately yours?

I don't see much leverage that the DV process will give you here, except for potentially raise some eyebrows.

let me just tell you something.. like I said I will DV the Collection company, because they are a colllection company and thats my right as a consumer. They are several threads on here, that tell you that if you recieve a collection letter to DV it and thats, what I am doing.. I am so tired of people on this board that do nothing but get on here and talk down on people situations. We all owe money here and thats why we visit this damn site everyday to look for people to help us. I am trying to follow the rules of the person that created this website!!! like I said I will DV them and call Salle mae tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoa-Whoa, was just asking a question. Didn't mean to offend! If you had stated that you were simply following the DV process because you'd received your dunning letter and you figured you'd just get it out of the way, I wouldn't have asked in the first place.

And with that, I will bite my tongue.

let me just tell you something.. like I said I will DV the Collection company, because they are a colllection company and thats my right as a consumer. They are several threads on here, that tell you that if you recieve a collection letter to DV it and thats, what I am doing.. I am so tired of people on this board that do nothing but get on here and talk down on people situations. We all owe money here and thats why we visit this damn site everyday to look for people to help us. I am trying to follow the rules of the person that created this website!!! like I said I will DV them and call calle mae tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. You're sure to get help on all your questions now. :roll:

Do you even realize the purpose of your original post on this thread? You asked if you should DV or wait. It's a student loan that you owe. You were asked why you would DV. Why flip out when someone asks you that, when it was YOUR question to start with?

Whoa-Whoa, was just asking a question. Didn't mean to offend! If you had stated that you were simply following the DV process because you'd received your dunning letter and you figured you'd just get it out of the way, I wouldn't have asked in the first place.

And with that, I will bite my tongue.

Its All Good, No hard feelings, just thought I was doing what was right according to this website!

Wow. You're sure to get help on all your questions now. :roll:

Do you even realize the purpose of your original post on this thread? You asked if you should DV or wait. It's a student loan that you owe. You were asked why you would DV. Why flip out when someone asks you that, when it was YOUR question to start with?

If You read right it was a process

1. DV

2. Wait

That being said, that was not a option, that was a process, That I wanted to do!! and I know thats my question and I did not flip out, I was just trying to get a understanding!...

I've dealt with Oxford Management. They made me irrate! After years of working to fix my credit problems, they tried to stick it to me! To avoid the long story....I'll offer my best advice:

Use the process described here, it works. If you MUST talk to someone on the phone document their name, time, date and agreement and keep it on file. You will need this!

Good luck!

I've dealt with Oxford Management. They made me irrate! After years of working to fix my credit problems, they tried to stick it to me! To avoid the long story....I'll offer my best advice:

Use the process described here, it works. If you MUST talk to someone on the phone document their name, time, date and agreement and keep it on file. You will need this!

Good luck!

LOL if they work there for that long.

As I was working with them to straighten ot my account I hade a hard time getting the same rep twice. They got terminated or left.