I am an undergrad in my 3rd year..."Smart grant"?

jasmitwalkar

Hi friends, I am an undergrad in my 3rd year, going FT, 3.7 GPA, majoring in Chemistry. I am eligible for the Pell Grant but when I ask my financial aid counselor about the smart grant they have no idea what I am talking about. Is there any other way to get that grant other than through one's school financial aid department? Have a good day.

_________

grants for women

I've never heard of the "smart grant" either...

Is there a group who administers it? I would think that if there is, then you could go to them for info on the grant, and bypass the FinAid counselor...though IMHO your FinAid counselor should always know what you're trying to do...

I have MANY student loans, both undergrad and law school loans. And received the Pell grants as an undergrad. I've never encountered a SMART grant. What is it and where is the source of funds? And if it is a grant (ie: gift), why does the financial aid office have to be involved?

Pretty cool. Up to an extra $4k if you qualify. I'd print that thing out and bring it right into the financial aid office. Its still a federal aid thing. They probably just have to submit proof that you are eligible, such as your GPA, major, and Pell grant status.