My dad's judgements on my CR!!!!

kingaseone55

Hello everyone. First I would like to say that I love this forum!! I have learned so much since I have joined and I am now addicted...Ok so I pulled my CR and I have found that TU and EQ are showing 3 Judgements against me (2 tax liens, and a regular judgement). The only problem is that even though I have had some credit challenges I have NEVER had any judgements against me. The judgements are against my father. WE HAVE THE SAME NAME!! What can I do to correct this problem?? I am a Newbie and would really appreciate suggestions from anyone who can help. Thank you so much!!!!

You don't have too. But if the judgements are for Joe Bob Smith and you provide the CRA's with a SS card and DL that says Joe Bob Smith Jr, then ideally they would have to remove them. Of course thing's always don't go that way. But it's a good start in my opinion. Tell them you are disputing the judgements because they are not yours. You don't have to tell them they are your fathers, etc.

Are these legals on your Consumer File with the CRA or just on some merged, re-sold report, like from TrueCredit? Merged, re-sold reports often contain errors that are not actually on your Consumer File (your raw bureau data).

If you are a Jr., or share the same name as another person in your area, info mix-up during a merge is commonplace. The CRA's know this and will respond to your dispute. If, however, the legals aren't on your file - just get placed there during the merge, your dispute will leave them scratching their heads. So, FIRST, determine where this info actually is and is NOT.

Either way, you are safe sending copies of your identification and SS# to the CRA's. They have to know WHO you are before dealing your dispute and they already have your SS#, so there's no additional danger in sharing that data. Redact your DL# if you are concerned. Additional proof of your address will fulfill their ID requirements, prevent the stall tactic of requesting this and solidify that it really is YOU trying to correct YOUR file.