Arrow Financial a JDB?

shadokeeper

They bought an old Younkers (HSBC) debt of mine. I confirmed this with Arrow who had Capital Managment Collecting it for them. (They use Capital to try and shield them for legal liability, I think.) However my credit report was reading AFS Assignee of HSBC, which I took to mean they were collecting for HSBC. But that is not what both Arrow and Capital told me. They are shady at best.

Oh yeah and I got a PFD from them(Capital on their behalf) and it has taken a complaint to the IL Ag, IA Ag, BBB, and FTC to get them to start fulfilling their obligation. They have started to remove the TLs like we agreed but they are not all completely gone yet. I still have one on EX. Good thing I got it in writing.

So I would say yes they do buy junk debts and then collect on them.

Is Arrow Financial Services LLC. a JDB? I have read conflicting information on this. Please advise

Is the sky blue? Is the Pope Catholic? Yeppers, when you look up junk debt broker in the dictionary there's a picture of Arrow, along with other examples of the species.

I would like to "get" them but they are not calling me or sending me letters, even after i DV them they really frustrate me!

Well, I filed complaints with the BBB in Chicago, the IL Attorney General for Arrow. And for the two CRAs that kept verifying I filed complaints with the BBB in their areas, in PA for TU and in TX for EX. I also complained to the Pennsylvania AG and the Texas AG.

I was just through with Arrow. I also complained to the FTC for all three. I don't think that really helped, but maybe it'll give the FTC some incentive to do something about this monopoly where we have no power to correct completely incorrect things on our CRs. If the creditor is lying the CRA will continue to verify the account, despite ID theft affidavits, reports and police reports. All they do is ask the criminal if what they're reporting is true.

I know I'm ranting, but in any case the thing I believed tipped the scales was the BBB complaints and the complaints to the Attorneys General.

I would like to "get" them but they are not calling me or sending me letters, even after i DV them they really frustrate me!

They may be able to ignore a DV, but they CANNOT ignore a letter based on FCRA section 623. I am seeing that is a good follow up tool after DV does not work. See the link at the top. Ofcourse make sure you disputed with the CRA first.