A journey to a clean credit file... It's Magic

magician2020

OK... After being out of the country for the past 5 years, things got a little out of hand on my CR... Including collections for Medical accounts that were covered under Workman's Compensation/Close out Utility bills for under $30 dollars since the utility company's computer can't figure out that there other addresses out there outside the United States...

Day 1: 25 March 2008: OMG... Is my credit file in bits... I used creditreport.com for a 3 in 1 report. (not a good value and have now switched to true credit)

(Mistake number one. The three in one credit report does not seem to have accurate and up to date addresses for the delinquent TL's that are reporting on my account as compared to those on my actual CR.) As FICO is not stellar, I actually applied for enough different CC's and was turned down that I could request a free CR from each CRA). This allows them only 30 days to respond compared to using the free annual report that gives them 45 days.

(Mistake number two: Not reading everything in the Forum: But in my defense I did not come across the Forum until 7 April: I knew about how to DV a creditor, but until I came across this forum I did not know the difference between a CA and OC and that for an OC you have to request an Investigation.) I am sure that is going to add time to my cleaning up of my credit...

25-Mar PUBLIC RECORDS OPEN CLOSED DEROGATORY

EFX 1 No Data No Data 8

XPN 2 No Data No Data 8

TUC 2 No Data No Data 7

Day 8: 1 April 2008: I mail out to all of my derogatory TL's a DV request. Not knowing the difference between an OC and a CA. (That is my fault for not reading

Day 22: 14 April 2008: I signed up for True Credit (to get a daily update as I am a data junkie)

14-Apr PUBLIC RECORDS OPEN CLOSED DEROGATORY

EFX 1 4 8 6

XPN 2 1 13 9

TUC 2 4 6 5

Day 24: 16 April 2008: (True Credit Summary)

16-Apr PUBLIC RECORDS OPEN CLOSED DEROGATORY

EFX 1 4 8 8

XPN 2 1 13 8

TUC 2 4 6 7

There was an increase in Derogatory reporting thanks to a wonderful CA that I DV'd... Hmmm Go Figure....

Day 25: 17-Apr PUBLIC RECORDS OPEN CLOSED DEROGATORY

EFX 1 4 6 4

XPN 2 1 9 5

TUC 2 4 6 5

Cap One Drops off of EFX and TUC: Yea.... NCO Crops off of XPN; Palisades Drops off of XPN (Still on TUC) Progressive Management Systems drops off of EFX and XPN)

Overall this is a good week so far, one OC and three CA's (lets see if they stay off)

Deletions to date:

1 Public Record (TU)

1 OC(TU)

2 CA (TU)

2 OC (EX)

3 CA (EX)

1 OC(EQ)

1 CA (EQ)

FAKO Tracking (info from TC)

15 APR: (TU)577 (EX)548 (EQ)548

19 APR: (TU)582 (EX)535 (EQ)558 (Not sure why EX dropped 13 with the removal of 3 CA's and one OC, but I would rather not see them on my CRA.)

Hurray... Things are looking up...

FAKO Tracking for the past 2 weeks

15-Apr 577 547 548

17-Apr 577 529 557

22-Apr 582 535 558

23-Apr 582 535 558

24-Apr 582 535 558

Since 1 April

Deletions to date:

1 Public Record (TU) TU Removed one of my Public Records, but verified the the other. Hmmmm they both at the same

2 OC(TU) county recorders office.

2 CA (TU)

2 OC (EX)

3 CA (EX) With 2 additional CA's to drop off soon. Medical bill that was supposed to be Workman's Comp and they charged my Insurance Company. This was dated back to 02, and I am sure did not want to open themselves up to a can of worms with Ins Co and Workman's Comp people. CA actually apologized for mistake and assured me of deletion from CRA.

1 OC(EQ)

1 CA (EQ)With 2 additional CA's to drop off soon. Medical bill that was supposed to be Workman's Comp and they charged my Insurance Company. This was dated back to 02, and I am sure did not want to open themselves up to a can of worms with Ins Co and Workman's Comp people. CA actually apologized for mistake and assured me of deletion from CRA. EQ has already verified that this is going to be removed as they have record from CA in their system.

Remaining Items for Round 2....

2 OC's across all three CRA's

1 OC that is with JDB but only the OC is reporting back in 06.

1 OC that is actually either CA or JDB but improperly reporting. (Palisades) They were listed on 2 out of 3 CR's as CA's and they have already been deleted. Just waiting till 4 May for them to not respond and then this should be gone.

2 CA's that are reporting on 2 out of 3 CR's, but as you can see from the above note will be gone soon....

and now for the biggest baddies...

1 Public Inquiry that is reporting across all three CRA's and 1 that is just reporting on one... I did have one removed already, with TU, and they verified the other. They are for taxes in Cali since I moved out of the country and did not realize that my company still listed me as an Cali resident, as soon as I get corrected W-2, the money I owe to the state will be reversed and they will owe me money... Just how to get the actual entries removed will be another story...

So far I have removed a total of 16 our of 29 disparaging entries to my CR with a DV letter to everyone... (I sent them out before I found this site, and did not understand the difference between OC, CRA, JDB and CRA, and what letters should go to whom.)

I am still formulating Round 2.

I am not due to receive my final reports from the CRA's from my initial DV letters disputing the items till 5 May. Should I wait till I receive them and then start round 2, or should I send MOV letters out to the CRA's in regards to the Public Inquiries?

Any and all thoughts are appreciated...

2/171

I want to thank everyone for all of the great feedback to my questions... And also for all of the great information that I have gained by reading through the threads before I started asking questions...

Latest Update...

End of Round 1...

Out of 29 disparaging TL's, and Public Inquiries only 11 remain...

Palisades dropped off of two out of three CR's but was showing up as an OC on the one that it did not drop from yet. I was such a Newbie at this at the start of the month, that I sent out DV letters to OC's... This was before I had found the forum and became a much better educated consumer... I was able to delete on of my public inquiries but all of the others came back verifies, as did the OC's items for two CC's, one a paid CO and one that had multiple lates for a time that the account had been closed, and paid off, and then the illustrious Palisades that has not responded yet, and should drop off very soon...

Round 2...

I sent out proper MOV request letters to all three reporting OC's, OC #1 my CO I disputed the dates that the reported the account opened and CO'd and requested they provide me copies of statements from the beginning to verify. As they verified with the CRA that is was correct.

OC #2 reporting the inaccurate multiple lates I sent out an investigation request letter to provide me copies of my statement for the period they are saying I was late. (There is no way that this can be provided as I was never late the period that they are reporting). As they verified with the CRA that is was correct. And OC #3, our illustrious favorite Palisades that is reporting as an OC that I have an installment contract with them... I am sure that they will not respond and this will be deleted. For the one CRA that has already completed the investigation and send me the letter, I have sent an MOV for the public inquiry stating that I spoke with the county recorders office and they stated that they do not verify any information. So I asked specifically who verified, address and phone number. (I am hoping to have this cleared up on my end, and have the state send a letter that the lien was in error, within the next 3-4 weeks) but I might as well make the CRA's earn every bad entry the have on me...

First letters went out today... I will MOV the other two CRA's as soon as I receive their answers to my first dispute letters I already have my MOV letters prepared to go out...

3/228

:BigDance:

Wooo Hooo... My two Public Information (Tax Liens) have dropped off of TU, and had my TU FAKO score jump 39 points over night... So far in 34 days, I have been able to remove 19 disparaging entries across the CRA's, that as well as getting 4 new CC's and a new auto loan, 19 down, 10 to go... I feel like I just got the ball on the ten yard line with only ten yards separating me from the touchdown to win the game... Only the first 19 yards were easy, the opposing force is going to knuckle down and dig in and make me work for the last ten yards...

:PartyTime:

FAKO Tracking: TU/EX/EF

15-Apr 577 547 548

30-Apr 574 624 565

3-May 613 615 552

3/306

• 2 weeks later...

15-Apr 577 547 548

30-Apr 574 624 565

3-May 613 615 552

13-May 606 600 552

xangelxFAKO's took a little dip today, but that is due to some new credit just reporting... Once they season over the next 6 months it will be worth it... Esp as one was an 11K Auto Loan... That and my $300 Best Buy CC...xangelx

OK... It has now been 15 days since I mailed an MOV letter to the CRA's in regards to some tax liens that they are reporting. I have not heard back, and nothing is showing in my CR's.

How do I follow up with the CRA if I do not get a response back from them on an MOV request?

Thanks...

15-Apr 577 547 548

30-Apr 574 624 565

3-May 613 615 552

13-May 606 600 552

15-May 606 600 563

Latest Update:

State of California is taking 6 months to process previous years tax returns...

Ok... My fault for not getting those '02 returns to them on time... Got them mailed to them, and surprise surprise... They owed me $900... So the next week I get a notice from them saying that I still owe them monies from '02 and the balance is going up every month... I call the number on the letter, and the lady says that they are taking six months to either answer any correspondence relating to previous years returns, or to even process those returns as they are busy processing the current years returns...

No wonder California is falling apart...